Joe is a native of New Orleans, LA and local graduate of Holy Cross School in 2003. He joined the Ochsner Sports Medicine Institute team as a physician assistant (PA) in May of 2016.
Joe has experience in several areas of medical background prior to his current position. He was previously a PA in the Ochsner Emergency Department for three years where he gained experience in urgent and acute care issues. He has also worked in medical sales and was a pharmacy technician for four years. His past diverse experience has enabled him to appreciate multiple aspects of medicine and patient care.
Joe works independently but also primarily assists Dr. Misty Suri. He assists Dr. Suri in surgery and helps to extend clinic care for him. Some of his common areas of work include:
• Injury diagnosis, management, and treatment
• Viscosupplentation injection (euflexxa/synvisc)
• Biologic injectables (placental growth factors)
• Prescribing medications and physical therapy
• Steroid injections
• Arthroscopic surgery assistance particularly shoulder surgery – assisted Dr. Suri in more than 1,250 shoulder surgeries in their time together.
Joe is heavily involved with athletes of all levels but specifically at the high school level. Joe assists in sports medicine team coverage for several local high schools and colleges across the Greater New Orleans area.
*Appointment times and availability for established patients may vary within the MyOchsner portal.
Louisiana State University at Shreveport
Field of Study: Physician Assistant
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport
Field of Study: PA-C
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants