Dr. McMullen is a native of New Orleans, having earned his undergraduate degree from LSU in Baton Rouge, LA and his medical degree from LSU Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, LA. Dr. McMullen then completed his training in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery (ENT) at The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, James Cancer Hospital, and Nationwide Children’s Hospital, which are all nationally recognized in the field of ENT. Dr. McMullen is Board Certified in Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery. He is a member of the American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
Dr. McMullen provides comprehensive medical and surgical care within ENT, including care of both pediatric and adult patients. He routinely performs office-based procedures for certain conditions, including balloon sinuplasty.
Examples of common disorders treated:
- Ear problems (recurrent ear infections, hearing loss, ear drum perforation, disorders of inner ear / balance)
- Nasal Issues (chronic sinus and allergy problems, nasal obstruction, deviated septum, sleep disturbance)
- Throat problems (tonsil / adenoid surgery, hoarseness / vocal cord problems, swallowing dysfunction, neck masses / lumps, surgery for thyroid disorders, salivary gland issues)
- Facial reconstruction following skin cancer excision
- Surgical treatment of sleep apnea
Dr. McMullen enjoys being back in southern Louisiana and lives in Covington with his wife and four children.
Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans
Ohio State Wexner Medical Center