Lynsey is a native of LaPlace, LA and is a local graduate of Archbishop Chapelle High School in Metairie, LA. Lynsey joined the Ochsner Sports Medicine Institute team as a physician assistant (PA) in June of 2015.
Lynsey has experience working in an outpatient Occupational Medicine Clinic immediately following graduation of PA school. While working there, she diagnosed, managed, and treated various orthopedic work-related injuries.
Lynsey works independently in clinic. Common areas of work include:
• Evaluate and treat various sports-related and orthopedic injuries
• Administer viscosupplementation (Synvisc/ Euflexxa) and steroid injections
• Biologic injections (Amniox)
• Care for patients pre-op and post-op
• Prescribe medications and physical therapy
• Teach home exercise programs and fit patients for braces
Lynsey currently assists Dr. Deryk Jones in surgical procedures which include, but not limited to:
• Total knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow replacements (minimally invasive and muscle sparing technique)
• Knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, and ankle arthroscopies
• Knee Ligament Reconstruction
• Shoulder Rotator cuff and Labral Repair
• Matrix-Induced Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation (MACI)
• Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation (OATS)
• High Tibial Osteotomy, Patella Realignment, Distal Femoral Osteotomy
• Meniscus Repair and Meniscus Transplantation
Lynsey played club soccer while at Lousiana State University and has coached at various stages of the youth level including locally with Lousiana Fire and Riverside indoor soccer. Lynsey now assists in sports medicine team coverage primarily for Dillard University and St. Martin’s High School.
*Appointment times and availability for established patients may vary within the MyOchsner portal.
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport
Field of Study: Masters - PA Studies
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants