The Eye Center at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics is a patient-centered facility with expert ophthalmologists who provide advanced surgical and nonsurgical care for conditions that affect the eyes, eyelids and surrounding tissues. All of our eye specialists are in the same center, which makes it easier for you to get the care you need.
Advanced Eye Care, Close to Home
Ophthalmology, the medical specialty that deals with disorders of the eye, eyelids and the surrounding tissues, requires expert providers in order to successfully treat these often delicate disorders.
Our ophthalmologists and supporting team members provide care that rivals the top programs in the nation in a convenient setting: our Eye Center. We use the most advanced diagnostic and treatment procedures to offer both surgical and nonsurgical care to patients throughout our region.
At the Eye Center at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics, we treat many eye-related conditions, including:
- Cataracts (a clouding of the eye’s lens)
- Diseases of the ocular muscle (the muscle that rotates the eyeball)
- Disorders that affect the retina (light-sensing cells in the eye), such as diabetes
- Eye tumors
- Glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye, which can damage the optic nerve)
Our team includes eye specialists in a number of areas, such as:
- Corneal transplants, which involves replacing part or all of your cornea (the clear front layer of your eye) with donated tissue
- Neuro-ophthalmology, which involves visual problems related to the nerves
- Refractive surgery, also known as vision-correction or laser eye surgery
Our retinal, corneal and neuro-ophthalmologic specialists are all in the same location, so you can conveniently access our entire array of eye specialists.
Eye Center at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics is located at 401 St. Julien Ave. in Lafayette. We are open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. To schedule and appointment, or for more information, please give us a call at 337-262-2500.
Please note: Our eye clinic is strictly a referral-based clinic. Patients who would like to be seen in the Eye Center at Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics must be referred via their primary care physician or another physician to have their appointment scheduled.