September 7, 2021 Update
This location will be closed until further notice due to weather impacts.
A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
The Pediatric Therapy & Wellness team specializes in addressing limitations in the younger population - specifically infants, toddlers and adolescents. Issues addressed may be a result of genetic disorders, developmental delays, neurological or orthopedic conditions.
If you think your child would benefit from one or more of these individualized specialty programs, ask your doctor about a referral to see one of our pediatric therapists.
Pediatric Therapy & Wellness Services focus on gross motor and functional skills. Children exhibiting any of the following symptoms may benefit from our Pediatric Therapy & Wellness Services:
- Decreased mobility
- Decreased strength
- Decreased range of motion
- Increased or decreased muscle tone
- Decreased independence with functional tasks
- Delayed milestones (rolling, sitting, crawling, walking, running, climbing stairs)
- Poor posture
- Decreased balance
- Decreased coordination
- Difficulty walking
- Decreased endurance
- Pelvic floor dysfunction/ Pelvic pain
We also provide:
- Wheelchair evaluations
- Serial casting following Botox Injections