Reduce pain and restore your strength and confidence with the help of Ochsner Therapy & Wellness.
At Ochsner, you’ll receive a comprehensive assessment, a customized treatment plan, and personal attention – everything you need to return to the highest level of function possible. Our highly skilled physical, occupational and speech therapy teams work with both children and adults to restore loss of function associated with illness, injuries, developmental disorders or the process of aging.
As one of the largest and most experienced out-patient rehabilitation centers in Louisiana, we offer a level of experience you just can’t find anywhere else. There is no condition we haven’t treated – nothing we haven’t seen before. Plus, our team holds an impressive number of specialty certifications and post-graduate degrees. With the latest diagnostic tools, top-rate exercise equipment, innovative techniques and a team who puts you first, Ochsner Therapy & Wellness provides a level of care second to none.
Conditions We Treat at Ochsner Therapy & Wellness:
Need a Physician Referral?
In a single year, more than 5.2 million people visited U.S. hospital emergency rooms for symptoms related to the nervous system.
When you improve your muscular strength and function and reduce pain symptoms, you’ll be able to keep doing the things you love for years to come. Our expert clinicians promote education, wellness, fitness, and performance enhancement.
If you have experienced decreased strength, range of motion or endurance, limb loss, impaired cognitive skills, or slower reflexes, you may be wondering if you should still be driving. Our team can help you make a determination.
Ochsner Fitness Center
When your therapy is completed here, you can keep up your routine at Ochsner Fitness Center. Learn more.
- Ankle and foot pain
- Bladder or bowel dysfunction
- Brain injury
- Cerebral palsy
- Elbow pain
- Fibromyalgia (post surgery)
- Hand pain
- Joint pain
- Knee pain
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular dystrophy
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Neck and back pain
- Parkinson’s disease
- Sciatic pain (sciatica)
- Shoulder pain
- Spina bifida
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal stenosis
- Speech and language disorders
- Sports-related injuries
- Vestibular/balance disorders (such as vertigo)
- Work-related injuries
- Wound care
- Wrist pain
After more than a year, the CDC has announced it is easing social distancing guidelines surrounding COVID-19. With this news in mind, Ochsner Therapy & Wellness will begin to adjust scheduling practices to accommodate more patients and improve access to therapy. We know the sooner you can start Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy, the better your outcomes and results will be. We are happy to be able to offer expanded access to our services through our updated scheduling practices. Our top priority remains the health of our patients, staff and community, and we are committed to continuing to provide a safe environment of care. Effective July 1, 2021 please note the following changes:
- We will begin to reintroduce simultaneous appointments in select clinics and during key times, during which therapists may work with two patients concurrently. Therapists who are caring for more than one patient at a time will have the assistance of another therapy team member, such as an athletic trainer, health coach or rehab technician to ensure proper attention and safety measures are maintained.
- One-on-one appointments will continue to be offered for 45-sessions and simultaneous appointments may be scheduled in 60-minute timeslots.
- Appointment text message reminders with screening information and guidance on what to do if you have COVID-19 symptoms will continue.
- All patients, visitors and staff will continue to wear masks as is required by Louisiana’s Safe to Return Policy. A mask will be provided to you prior to entering the facility if you do not have one of your own.
- Our waiting rooms and communal areas have been adapted to allow for social distancing and our rigorous cleaning and sanitation protocols will continue.
- Team members will continue to disinfect all therapy equipment between every patient use.
We are excited to expand access to care while continuing to prioritize the safety of our patients, staff and community. We know Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy can play a key role in your overall health and wellbeing and we look forward to helping you get back to the activities you love!
To schedule an appointment, please call 504-842-4348 or 877-889-2976 to speak with one of our scheduling team members today!
Updated June 15, 2021
With more than a dozen locations offering a variety of specialties and same-day appointments, Ochsner Therapy & Wellness can help your recover – faster.
To schedule an appointment near you, call 504-842-4348.
We accept Medicare, Medicaid and most major insurance plans.