We empower patients to choose their care.
Ochsner Health System is committed to honesty and transparency in health care. That's why the online profile for each eligible Ochsner provider includes a verified Patient Rating Score, reviews from their actual patients and reviews from third-party sites. This information empowers patients to choose a provider that suits their unique needs.
Learn More About Patient Verified Ratings
- Patient verified ratings and comments come directly from Ochsner patients. Press Ganey, an objective third-party company, conducts these secure patient surveys by email and mail.
- A provider must receive at least 30 patient surveys to earn a Patient Verified Star Rating. This minimum conveys a balanced representation of the patient experience. If you don't see a provider's verified rating yet, check back soon. Patients submit new surveys every day.
- Verified patient comments are marked with a star and displayed in their entirety whenever possible. We remove private health information and comments that are unrelated to provider care, libelous, derogatory or contain profanity. Comments are removed after appearing for 365 days.
- The Patient Verified Rating score is an average of all responses to physician related questions on the nationally developed CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey (CG-CAHPS). Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
Learn More About Third-Party Reviews
- Each Ochsner care provider's online profile includes patient reviews from three public sources: Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
- Because these reviews are publicly available, we are not able to edit these comments in any way.
- Unlike the Verified Patient Rating system, we are unable to confirm that Ochsner patients wrote these third-party reviews.
Ochsner providers and employees read letters from their patients on what their care meant to them.
Frequently Asked Questions About Patient Verified Provider Ratings & Reviews
Below are some questions and answers to help you navigate the process of selecting a provider using Patient Verified reviews.
How do we obtain our data?
Ochsner Health System is partnered with Press Ganey, a national healthcare consulting, research, and advisory firm, who randomly surveys patients following their appointments. Surveys are received by patients through the mail or email shortly after their appointment. After a patient completes and returns their survey, Press Ganey collects them as both quantitative and qualitative data. The quantitative data allows us to calculate star ratings. While qualitative data, in the form of anonymous comments, supplies patient reviews.
How is the star rating calculated?
We base the star rating on patients’ responses to the survey question “Would you recommend this provider’s office to your family and friends?” The percentage of how often patients shared they “Yes, definitely” would recommend the provider’s office is divided by 20, to reflect a five-star rating system. For example, if a provider has 95% of their patients sharing the would “yes, definitely” recommend the provider’s office they would have a star rating of 4.75 stars.
Are all patient comments posted?
As part of our core value of integrity, we are committed to protecting our patients’ confidential information and the privacy of our patients. Therefore, prior to posting to provider profiles, each comment is reviewed for private health information to ensure they are published anonymously. Comments that are deemed libelous, derogatory, contain profanity, or those not directly related to provider care will be removed. Comments are removed after appearing for 365 days.
Why aren’t star rating and patient reviews on every provider profile?
In order to ensure a proper assessment only providers who have received at least 30 completed surveys have reviews displayed.
How can patients complete a survey or post a review regarding a provider?
Surveys are sent randomly post visit by Press Ganey. However, to improve the odds of receiving a survey a patient can confirm with staff that their mailing and email address are correct in their medical record.
How is patient information protected?
Prior to completing a survey, patients are notified that some ratings or comments may be displayed anonymously online. By removing private health information all personably identifiable information is removed prior to posting on provider profiles.