Why Support Groups for Breast Cancer Patients Can Be Powerful
How Exercise and Stretching Can Help Ease Chronic Back Pain
Protein Primer: Incorporating the Right Amount into Your Diet
Coping with Cancer During the Holidays
What to Expect When Having Twins
It’s Toy Time: Holiday Toys that Drive Development
Finding the Right Healthcare for College Students
For 15 years, the Novalis® Radiosurgery Program has been offering a high standard of radiosurgery and stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT), delivered via a premium configuration of components. It allows for the delivery of non-invasive, shaped-beam cancer treatment that takes just minutes out of your day. Novalis radiosurgery treats cancerous and non-cancerous conditions of the entire body with one-of-a-kind shaped-beam technology. Shaping the beam precisely to your tumor gives your doctor confidence that the best possible treatment dose is delivered while healthy tissue is protected. The program utilizes the TrueBeam™ STx system that performs both SBRT for treatments throughout the body and sterotactic radiosurgery (SRS) for treatments in the brain or central nervous system. TrueBeam STx combines imaging, sophisticated and powerful beam delivery and advanced motion management to perform radiosurgery with great precision and speed.
Novalis Radiosurgery Program Benefits
- Shapes the cancer-fighting radiation beam around your tumor or lesion, ensuring that the maximum prescribed dose of high-energy radiation is delivered to the entire tumor or lesion
- Protects surrounding healthy tissue
- Adapts treatment to your breathing and other body movements so that radiation delivery is always safe, complete and accurate
- Delivers treatment in as little as 15-20 minutes for a more comfortable treatment experience when compared with other radiosurgery treatment options
- Reduces the likelihood of body or tumor movements, ensuring that treatment is delivered with the highest possible accuracy
- Offers one-time treatment or a series of treatments based on your doctor’s recommendation
- Flexible treatment options ensure that you receive the best treatment for your condition
- Delivers one of the highest dose rates to treat tumors deep inside the body or brain
- Offers hope to those with conditions once considered untreatable and for whom surgery is not an option
- Frameless radiosurgery offers you a more comfortable and non-invasive alternative to other radiosurgery systems which require immobilization with a head ring that attaches to the skull
This treatment is available at Ochsner Medical Center - Jefferson Hwy.
Discuss Novalis radiosurgery with your doctor to find out if it’s right for you.
*Novalis radiosurgery is not appropriate for all patients. Serious side effects may occur, such as peripheral tissue damage. Possible side effects include fatigue, headache and nausea and may require treatment with steroids. Some doctors may opt to use a minimally invasive head frame for certain procedures. Treatment times and number of treatments may vary.