The Ochsner Lafayette General Community Health Center is a newly opened clinic to serve the Downtown, Port Rico and Freetown communities. The center is an off-campus extension of Ochsner University Hospital and Clinics and provides primary care as well as behavioral health and social services. Smoking cessation and diabetes programs will soon be available.
Why Choose Us?
At Ochsner Lafayette General Community Health Center, your health is our priority. Whether you need primary care for yourself, pediatric care for your child, or help managing a chronic condition, we are dedicated to providing you with the care you and your family need to be healthy.
Our primary care physicians and nurse practitioners will monitor and track your health over time. We’re here for you when you need a checkup, immunizations, treatment for illnesses, and ongoing care for health conditions that need to be addressed. If your provider determines that more specialized care is needed, we’ll make sure you get it. The Ochsner Lafayette General Health Center was designed to meet patients where they are and provide greater access to care for all members of the community.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment at the Ochsner Lafayette General Community Health Clinic, call 337-703-6500. We are open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can also schedule an appointment through MyOchsner.
Ochsner Lafayette General Community Health Center can help with routine wellness visits, immunizations and also provides treatment for:
- Your annual health checkup (annual wellness exam) and complete physicals
- Treatment of acute conditions
- Coordinated care of chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes
- Referral access to sports medicine, back and spine, and physical therapy
- Diagnosis and management of diseases
- Seasonal allergy treatment
- Treatment for depression and anxiety
- Annual flu shots and immunizations
- Health risk assessments