6 Things to Know When Your Child is Diagnosed with CHD
Does Decluttering Give You Joy? These 5 People Don’t Think So.
Cath Lab 101: Behind the Laboratory Door
What Is a Congenital Heart Defect?
How Does Being in Love Affect the Heart? (Video)
5 Aphrodisiacs to Spark Romance
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
According to the American Academy of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, minimally invasive cosmetic procedures have increased almost 200% since the year 2000.
Some people seek the help of a Facial Plastic Surgeon to breath better or sleep better. Others require a reconstructive procedure after a broken nose, a car accident or after disfiguring cancer surgery. Still others, want to tweak the nose, the ears or the chin they were born with. And many want a little help turning back the hands of time.
Whatever the reason, the Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Ochsner is the answer in Louisiana. We know when you look your best, you feel your best – and a happier you is a healthier you.
When you choose facial cosmetic surgery or reconstructive surgery at Ochsner, you get peace of mind knowing you’re being cared for, not at a medispa, but at one of the top hospitals providing ear, nose and throat (ENT) care in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report. The Division of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Otolaryngology at Ochsner is led by a world-renown surgeon, double board certified in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. At Ochsner, you benefit from continuity of care, before and after your procedure.
Unlike other cosmetic surgery centers, Ochsner can offer sinus surgery at same time as aesthetic or reconstructive surgery. About 80 percent of people have some degree of septal deviation which can cause nasal or breathing obstruction and sleep apnea. Ask your doctor if cosmetic nose surgery can be performed at the same time as a septoplasty in a combination procedure called a septorhinoplasty.
To schedule an appointment, call 504-842-4080 or go to my.ochsner.org.
Some facial plastics procedures are considered elective and may not be paid for by your insurance company. Consult your insurance provider and Ochsner’s pre-certification department for more information.
H. Devon Graham III MD, FACS is double board certified in Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He was the first surgeon in the area to perform endoscopic brow lifting through minimal incisions.
A sought-after teacher, mentor and lecturer, Dr. Graham is the author and co-author of dozens of professional articles/chapters. Along with local recognition, he has been listed in The Best Doctors in America, the Guide to America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, and Leading Health Professionals of the World. Read Dr. Graham’s bio.
The Ochsner team goes to great lengths to make sure you understand and are comfortable with the procedure you are about to have. Outpatient facial plastic procedures offered at Ochsner include but aren’t limited to:
- Dysport® – A prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines
- Blepharoplasty – Eyelid surgery (upper eyelid lift and lower eyelid lift)
- Chin Augmentation – Chin implants to help balance the features of your face
- Earlobe Repair – Reconstruction of stretched or torn earlobes
- Endoscopic Browlift – Brow lift/forehead lift procedures can erase years of your appearance
- Facelift – Eliminates excess skin and tightens the facial tissues
- Injectable Fillers – Fillers can counter the effects of age and sun damage
- Otoplasty – Ear surgery to correct prominent ears (ear pinning/size reduction)
- Nasal Reconstruction – Includes treatment of nasal traumas (such as a broken nose), reconstructive nose surgery following skin cancer surgery, and procedures to correct nasal deformities that can affect breathing such as a deviated septum or sinus condition
- Rhinoplasty – Nose reshaping (nose job) to correct deformities for a well-proportioned nose (you may have a bump removed, narrow your nostril width, change the angle of your nose, etc.)
- Skin Rejuvenation – Procedures such as Laser Skin Resurfacing (CO2 Laser Resurfacing) and microdermabrasion