Family Birthing Center - St. Anne
When you choose Ochsner St. Anne Hospital as your delivery place, you will find comfort in knowing that our dedicated team will help you to have the best birthing experience possible. We create the best environment for mother and baby by providing a support system for you throughout your entire pregnancy and afterwards.
We are baby-friendly certified, which means we meet the gold standards for mother and baby care practices related to breastfeeding. Our lactation nurse will be here for you while you're in the hospital, as well as when you and your baby go home.
The Birthing Center includes:
- Three birthing rooms
- One observation room
- Access to nearby operating rooms
- Patient rooms, including private rooms
- Access to a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Waiting rooms for the arrival of new family members
- Birthing facility designated as Baby-Friendly
Congratulations on Your New Arrival!
- Download Your Pregnancy from A to Z
- Download a Mother's Breastfeeding Guide
- Download Mother-Baby Care Guide
- Download a list of what to pack to bring to the hospital.
- Learn about your child's birth certificate
Breastfeeding and Birthing & Beyond classes will begin in-person classes in July. To schedule for classes, please call 985-537-3211.
Birthing & Beyond Class Powerpoints:
- Birthing & Beyond Class #1
- Birthing & Beyond Class #2
- Birthing & Beyond Class #3
- Birthing & Beyond Class #4
Breastfeeding Class Powerpoint:
Breastfeeding Class Videos:
- Breastfeeding Tree,
- Attaching Your Baby at the Breast,
- Expressing Breastmilk,
- Maximizing Milk Production
Baby Care Class Powerpoint:
- Labor & Delivery 985-537-8297
- Mother Baby Unit 985-537-2335
- Ochsner Women's Health Center - Raceland 985-537-3211
Ochsner is devoted to creating an environment where mothers interested in breastfeeding their babies have the best support services available in the area. The Ochsner St. Anne Hospital Lactation Center provide the proper knowledge, education and tools to women interested in breastfeeding options.
Now is the time in your pregnancy to start thinking about breastfeeding your newborn. The Lactation Center offers FREE prenatal consultations to help you with your breastfeeding concerns or questions. Our certified lactation consultants will introduce you to the principles of breastfeeding. We will review your history and discuss community resources and develop an individualized plan of care for establishing breastfeeding.This is also a great opportunity to be properly fitted for a nursing bra.
For those mothers who plan on returning to work or school soon after giving birth, the lactation consultants can help develop individualized plans to ensure that new mothers and their babies don’t miss out on the opportunity to breastfeed. Consultations include the creation of a personalized plan and recommendations for the use of appropriate breast pumps. Please call 985-537-8291 to schedule your prenatal consultation.
Prenatal Breastfeeding Class
This class is designed to provide detailed information on the basics of breastfeeding. In a group setting you will learn the correct techniques for breastfeeding, and how to begin breastfeeding while in the hospital as well as some anticipatory guidance for breastfeeding once you get home. Please call 985-537-8291 to register for a prenatal class.
For those times when telephone assistance just isn’t enough, lactation counselors are available for in person assistance. We can also work with you to devise a plan for continuing to breastfeed once you go back to work. To make an appointment, please call 985-537-8291.
Prenatal vitamins, lanolin, and more are available through the Lactation Center located at the Ochsner St. Anne General Hospital. For those new mothers in need of a hospital grade pump or who would like to try pumping before purchasing a pump, hospital grade rentals are available. For more information, please call 985-537-8291.
Telephone Warm Line
Ochsner wants to offer continued assistance and support after you are discharged from the hospital. Should you have questions or concerns about breastfeeding, please call the Ochsner Lactation Warm Line at 985-537-8291. If you reach the recording, please leave a detailed message and a lactation consultant will return your call.
At Ochsner a variety of prenatal classes are available to help expectant parents prepare for their arrival of their new baby.
These classes cover topics such as the labor and delivery experience, vaginal delivery versus Cesarean Section delivery, Epidurals, postpartum care, car seat safety, and newborn care.
Also offered are classes for Siblings, Grandparents, Infant CPR, Breastfeeding and Lamaze.
All classes are led by a certified lactation consultant.
Is Your Child In The Right Car Seat?
The best way to protect them in the car is to put them in the right seat, at the right time, and use it the right way.
There are so many car seat types and models, how do you know which one is right for your child? The right car seat or booster fits your child and your car, and is one you will use correctly every time you travel. Not only will your child ride as safely as possible, you will be establishing the foundation for a lifelong habit of seat belt use every time your child travels.
- Select a car seat based on your child’s age and size, and choose a seat that fits in your vehicle and use it every time.
- Always refer to your specific car seat manufacturer’s instructions; read the vehicle owner’s manual on how to install the car seat using the seat belt or LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) system; and check height and weight limits.
- To maximize safety, keep your child in the car seat for as long as possible, as long as the child fits within the manufacturer’s height and weight requirements.
- Keep your child in the back seat at least through age 12.
For More Information, Visit the Links Below