Now available in Covington, Baton Rouge and Pensacola
With Ochsner 65 Plus, we understand that your health needs are unique. That’s why we take a comprehensive approach to primary care. Here, you’re the star of the show. Along with your physician, we build a team that provides customized care based on your goals and preferences. We recognize the importance of creating a strong relationship with your providers.
Why choose Ochsner 65 Plus?
Get ready for healthcare with a personal touch. Ochsner 65 Plus is a comprehensive program for older adults offering customized primary care, nutrition and fitness coaching, and community events.
At Ochsner 65 Plus, our board-certified experts help you reach your healthcare goals. We offer extended one-on-one time with your primary care doctor with access to a multidisciplinary team to design a care plan just for you. Ochsner 65 Plus participants are seamlessly connected to hundreds of Ochsner Health specialties and resources. Need customized care fast? We often offer same-day and next-day appointments both in-person and through virtual visits.
The benefits of Ochsner 65 Plus go beyond just the medical. Regular social and community events allow participants to get involved in activities that match their interests and lifestyle. We want to help you build a wellness community and have fun doing it.
Call for an appointment.
- For Ochsner 65 Plus - Covington, call 504-703-PLUS (7587).
- For Ochsner 65 Plus - Bocage in Baton Rouge, call 225-709-PLUS (7587).
- For Ochsner 65 Plus - University in Pensacola, FL, call 850-558-4665.
The team approach
Ochsner 65 Plus offers a complete care team to meet each participant’s unique healthcare goals. Our collaborative team works with you and doctors throughout the Ochsner system to provide the highest quality care. We understand the needs of older adults in the area because we live here, too.
Your care team includes:
- Advanced practice providers, such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Clinical pharmacist
- Nurse care manager
- Social worker
- Health coach
- Fitness instructor
- Medical assistant
Conditions we treat
Ochsner 65 Plus was created to treat the health conditions many older adults experience.
- Arthritis and painful joints
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- General weakness and frailty
- Heart failure
Ochsner 65 Plus is more than just a primary care clinic. Ochsner 65 Plus participants have access to doctors and specialty treatments throughout the Ochsner network. Our focus on customized care ensures participants feel well inside and out. Additionally, Ochsner 65 Plus clinics provide exciting opportunities to get involved and stay active.
Ochsner 65 Plus offers a variety of services including:
- Balance services for monitoring and managing fall risks
- Basic labs
- Community room with daily social events such as guest speakers, arts and crafts, cooking demonstrations, card games, chair yoga, and tai chi
- Health coaching
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Fitness center with treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes and free weights
- Medication education and management
- Mental health counseling