OCHSNER STORIES & MORE AT BLOG.OCHSNER.ORG
1 min read time
Ochsner & New Orleans Saints Employee Surprise
2 min read time
'An Amazing Blessing': Mom shares story of son's heart surgery
The team of Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeons at the Ochsner Hospital for Children are specialists who correct heart problems through surgery in babies, children and adolescents. Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeons have the experience and expertise to care for and repair hearts in children.
For the third year in a row, Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the Top 50 Children’s Hospitals in the country for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery specialties by U.S. News and World Report. Ochsner Hospital for Children is Louisiana's only ranked children's hospital.
The Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery team at Ochsner Hospital for Children was recognized as Clinical Department of the Year at the 2018 Ochsner Spirit of Leadership Awards.
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Ebstein's Anomaly
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, including Norwood, Glenn & Fontan Procedures
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Tranposition of the Great Arteries
- Pulmonary Valve replacement
- Heart Transplants
- Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD)
- Aortic Valve Repair and Replacement
- Mitral Valve Repair
- Complex Neonatal Repair
- Thorax and Chest Wall Repairs