Travel and Tropical Disease Clinic
Whether it be a cross-country trip or a flight across the ocean to your favorite tropical paradise, you don't want to spend your travel time being sick. Protect your health by getting the vaccinations and medical advice you need when traveling.
The Travel and Tropical Disease Clinic at Ochsner provides a full range of services to patients before and after their international travels.
We prescribe vaccinations that are patient and destination specific, including the popular destinations of: Africa, South/Central America, Parts of Europe and Asia. The travel clinic also treats patients who are sick while traveling to the United States.
Travel Clinic Services Provided Include:
- Pre-travel consultation and administering of required vaccinations vaccinations (including the Yellow Fever Vaccine)
- Health evaluation for returning expatriates or new immigrants to the United States
- Treatment for any illnesses acquired during foreign or overseas travel
- Diagnostic testing for travel related infections
- Diagnosis and treatment for parasitic infections
- Diagnosis and treatment for tropical diseases