Yellow Fever Vaccine Available at Ochsner
This vaccine, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, is only available at designated vaccination centers, which includes Ochsner Medical Center.
The yellow fever vaccine is a live-virus vaccine that has been used for several decades to prevent contracting yellow fever. A single dose provides lifelong protection for most people.
Get Vaccinated if Recommended
- Yellow fever vaccine is recommended for persons over 9 months of age, who are traveling to or living in areas at risk for yellow fever virus transmission in South America and Africa.
- Yellow fever vaccine may be required for entry into certain countries. Yellow fever vaccination requirements and recommendations for specific countries are available on the CDC Travelers’ Health webpage.
- Find more information about yellow fever vaccine on the yellow fever vaccine page.
FAQs about Yellow Fever and the Vaccine
- What is yellow fever?
- How do you get yellow fever?
- How can I prevent getting yellow fever?
- What are the symptoms and treatment of yellow fever?
- Who can get the yellow fever vaccine?
- What are the reactions to the yellow fever vaccine?
- Which countries require yellow fever vaccination for entry?
- Which countries the CDC recommends yellow fever vaccination?
- Where are other locations that offer the yellow fever vaccine?
- What’s the cost of the vaccine?
- Please call our clinic for pricing information on the vaccine.