Yellow Fever Vaccine
Yellow Fever Vaccine Available at Ochsner
This vaccine, manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur, is only available at designated vaccination centers, which includes Ochsner Medical Center.
The yellow fever vaccine is a live-virus vaccine that has been used for several decades to prevent contracting yellow fever. A single dose provides lifelong protection for most people.
Get Vaccinated if Recommended
- Yellow fever vaccine is recommended for persons over 9 months of age, who are traveling to or living in areas at risk for yellow fever virus transmission in South America and Africa.
- Yellow fever vaccine may be required for entry into certain countries. Yellow fever vaccination requirements and recommendations for specific countries are available on the CDC Travelers’ Health webpage.
- Find more information about yellow fever vaccine on the yellow fever vaccine page.
FAQs about Yellow Fever and the Vaccine
- What is yellow fever?
- How do you get yellow fever?
- How can I prevent getting yellow fever?
- What are the symptoms and treatment of yellow fever?
- Who can get the yellow fever vaccine?
- What are the reactions to the yellow fever vaccine?
- Which countries require yellow fever vaccination for entry?
- Which countries the CDC recommends yellow fever vaccination?
- Where are other locations that offer the yellow fever vaccine?
- What’s the cost of the vaccine?
- Please call our clinic for pricing information on the vaccine.