Why Cancer Care at Ochsner?
For over 70 years, Ochsner has been dedicated to cancer research and new cancer treatment development, bringing innovations to the fight against cancer— including more clinical trials than anywhere else in the region. At Ochsner, we have doctors so specialized that they treat specific types of cancer. Your doctor will work with a team of cancer specialists so you have the benefit of knowledge that can make all the difference in your treatment, quality of life and recovery. Ochsner provides cancer services for adult and pediatric cancer patients and their families from diagnosis through recovery, including the most complex and difficult to treat cancers.
Top Cancer Hospital and World-Class Care
When you come through our doors you receive cancer care services unlike any other in a comfortable atmosphere. A dedicated nurse navigator works with patients and referring providers to facilitate scheduling appointments and obtaining records.
Ochsner physicians specialize in all types of cancer and as many as 20 cancer specialists care for each of our patients. In the past year, Ochsner has provided care that is both personalized and state-of-the-art to more than 15,000 cancer patients. Look at our outcomes to find out why the Ochsner is the right choice for you.
A Network To Lean On
At Ochsner, adult and pediatric cancer patients benefit from a collaborative approach to cancer care by a highly skilled team of physicians, oncology nurses, social workers, researchers and other healthcare professionals. What’s more, your referring physician remains part of our team and will be kept in the loop on your treatment and progress.
Ochsner’s multidisciplinary approach means you have a whole network to lean on – and each member of the team knows what the other is thinking and doing. Ours is an environment that fosters innovation and collaboration. Everyone is on the same page – everyone has the same information and the same goals.
At Ochsner, appointments are scheduled with your comfort and convenience in mind. Team members keep compatible office hours to make it easier for you to see more than one doctor on the same day. When you’re not feeling well, you want a team that works around your needs, not theirs.
Healing Environments at our Comprehensive Cancer Centers
Living with cancer comes with unique challenges, and a calming and supportive environment can foster healing. Our patients can choose to receive care in these Ochsner locations:
- Tom and Gayle Benson Cancer Center at Ochsner Medical Center – Jefferson Highway: Learn more about the 2020 expansion!
- Ochsner Medical Center – Kenner
- Ochsner Baptist
- Ochsner Medical Center – West Bank Campus
- Ochsner St. Anne Hospital
- Ochsner Health Center – Luling
- Ochsner Medical Complex – The Grove
- Ochsner Cancer Center Baton Rouge: Learn more about this new cancer center location!
- Slidell Memorial Hospital Regional Cancer Center: Learn more about this cancer center!
- Ochsner Health Center – Covington
- Ochsner Medical Center – Hancock (Bay St. Louis)
Awards and Accolades
- 2019: Benson Cancer Center Earns National Re-accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Read more about our re-accreditation.
- 2018: Ochsner Health is recognized by the QOPI (Quality Oncology Practice Initiative) Certification Program for meeting nationally recognized standards for high quality cancer care. Ochsner is the only health system in the New Orleans region with an Oncology practice certification. Read more about this recognition and what it means for care of our patients.
- 2014: Ochsner Medical Center and Ochsner’s West Bank Campus named “High Performing” in cancer care by U.S. News & World Report.
- 2013: Recognized among “100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- Host an Event for Ochsner Cancer Institute
- 2016 OchsnerOutcomes for Cancer
- 2015 OchsnerOutcomes for Cancer
- 2014 OchsnerOutcomes for Cancer
- Chemotherapy Class
- Cancer Support Services and Hospice
- Nurse Navigation
- Nutrition Support
- Social Workers
- Hotel Accommodations
- Hematology Oncology Fellowship
- Ochsner Precision Cancer Therapies Program