Got Poop Problems? Let’s Straighten Them Out!
What Does Your Liver Actually Do For You?
Acid and Gastrointestinal Reflux – Know the Signs and Symptoms
Flush Away Your Cancer Risk
What is Your Poo Telling You?
How Regular Exercise Can Improve Your Mental Well-Being
Eggnog Frozen Yogurt
Don’t Let Holiday Decorating Become a Medical Emergency
Can Saints Football Game Stress Impact Your Heart Health?
How to Properly Wash Your Produce
How Exercise and Stretching Can Help Ease Chronic Back Pain
Digestive Disorders Center
Each year, millions of Americans suffer from some form of digestive disorders ranging from acid reflux disease and irritable bowel syndrome to life-threatening colon, rectal, esophageal or pancreatic cancer. Ochsner treats thousands of such patients annually for a variety of esophageal, gastric, pancreatic, liver colon and anorectal disorders. Due to expert diagnostic capabilities, innovative treatment solutions and world-class patient care in these medical areas, Ochsner has become one of the leading digestive disorder centers in the South.
Ochsner offers patients a comprehensive, coordinated, multidisciplinary program for the treatment of colorectal diseases. As one of few medical centers in the United States to fully integrate its departments of Colon and Rectal Surgery and Gastroenterology, Ochsner offers the widest spectrum of diagnostic and treatment modalities for patients with inflammatory bowel disease, lower intestinal bleeding and colorectal cancer. Ochsner offers a comprehensive array of diagnostic and screening services.
Patient Prep Instructions
Baton Rouge Patients (Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge)
- Instructions for Colonoscopy Prep
- Instructions for Upper Endoscopy
- Prep Instructions for Heartburn Center
New Orleans Patients (Ochsner Medical Center on Jefferson Highway)
- Instructions for Anorectal Manometry
- Instructions for Bravo pH Test
- Instructions for Fecal Transplant
- Instructions for Liver Biopsy
- Instructions for Motililty
- Prep Instructions for Lower Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Prep Instructions for Upper Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
- Prep Physiology Testings
- Prep for Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (Testing taking place on 2nd Floor of OMC)
- Prep for Flexible Sigmoidoscopy (Testing taking place on 4th Floor of OMC)
- Prep for ERCP (Testing taking place on 2nd Floor of OMC)
- Prep for Colonoscopy with Split MoviPrep (Testing taking place on 4th Floor of OMC)
- Prep for Colonoscopy with PEG (Testing taking place on 4th Floor of OMC)
- Prep for EGD (Testing taking place on 4th Floor of OMC)