When it comes to your child’s urologic health, only the best will do. You want the peace of mind that comes with knowing your child is being cared for by pediatric urologists at Louisiana’s only nationally ranked children’s hospital, in a comprehensive program that emphasizes the unique needs of the individual child. You want a team known for providing compassionate, patient-centered care – doctors, male and female, who aren’t only gifted surgeons, but are specialists who won’t rush you through your appointments, who will take time to answer your questions, and make your child feel safe and confident. You want the urology team at Ochsner Hospital for Children.
Meet Our Team
Families come to Ochsner from all over region seeking world-class care for their children. Our team includes physicians fellowship-trained in pediatric urology with subspecialty certification in pediatric urology by the American Board of Urology. We’re home to Louisiana’s first female pediatric urologist so, if you or your child has a preference for your care team, we have you covered.
Our team works closely with all referring pediatricians, including those outside of the Ochsner network. Your pediatrician will have access to us and know we’re available for calls anytime.
As part of the region’s leading health system, we have access to the top minds in the fields of nephrology, gastroenterology, neurosurgery, neurology, pediatric anesthesiology, and child psychology. Unlike other pediatric-only health care centers, we can call on our colleagues in the adult urology world for consults. And if or when your child should need adult urology care, the transition will be seamless.
Make an Appointment
In pediatric urology, we strive to be accessible to our patients and to take care of your child. Please call our office at 504-703-0809 for available appointment times and to schedule.
For current patients with a concern after office hours, please call 504-842-4083 and press number 3 to be connected with our team’s physician on call.
Conditions We Treat
Our highly skilled pediatric urologists and nurse practitioner treat a variety of urologic conditions, common and rare, including kidney problems, urinary tract infections and obstructions, bladder problems, voiding dysfunction, genital/scrotal abnormalities, and complex urogenital malformations.
Our expertise in minimally invasive surgeries (including robotic surgery) allows us to perform even the most delicate procedures in newborns and infants. We treat patients from birth to age 18 and offer prenatal consults as well.
Conditions we treat include:
- Abnormal position of the urethral opening (hypospadias)
- Anorectal malformations ( teamed with our pediatric surgery colleagues)
- Anterior urethral valves
- Backwards flow of urine (Vesicoureteral reflux or VUR)
- Bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis)
- Bending of penis (chordee)
- Bladder diverticulum
- Bladder stones
- Blocked kidneys
- Caudal regression
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia surgery
- Daytime wetting (enuresis)
- Dilated veins in the scrotum (varicocele)
- Disorder of sexual development
- Duplicated kidneys (2 ureters on one side)
- Fluid in the scrotal sac (hydrocele)
- Hematuria (blood in urine)
- Horseshoe kidney
- Infections of bladder
- Infections of kidney
- Inguinal hernia (groin)
- Kidney stones/management of stone disease
- Multicystic dysplastic kidney
- Neurogenic bladder
- Newborn circumcisions
- Persistent cloaca
- Persistent urogenital sinus
- Posterior urethral valves
- Prenatal diagnosis of urinary tract problems
- Prenatal urinary tract obstruction
- Problems relating to circumcision
- Prune belly syndrome
- Recurrent urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- Spina Bifida( as part of a multispecialty myelodysplasia team)
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal cord trauma
- Traverse myelitis
- Undescended testicle (testis)
- Ureteral vesical junction obstruction
- Uretero-Pelvic Junction Obstruction (UPJ Obstruction)
- Urinary frequency
- Urinary urgency
While patients come to us from all over, we make sure you can continue your care closer to home.
Along with our offices in New Orleans at Ochsner Hospital for Children at 1514 Jefferson Highway and just across the street at Ochsner Health Center for Children – New Orleans at 1315 Jefferson Highway, our team sees patients in Slidell, Covington and Baton Rouge.
We also have relationships with hospitals throughout the region, many with access to our shared record system.
OCHSNER STORIES & MORE AT BLOG.OCHSNER.ORG
2 min read time
Infant Car Seat Safety
1 min read time
Comprehensive Prostate Care: Know the Facts
1 min read time
Girl Scout Cookies: The Best and the Worst
1 min read time
Is My Child Ready to Go Back To School?
4 min read time
The Facts on Autism Spectrum Disorder
1 min read time