A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Make sure your children always have the care they need by choosing Ochsner Hospital for Children, a hospital dedicated exclusively to children’s healthcare.
From rare brain tumors and leukemia to heart conditions and organ transplants, we offer a level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana and more advanced capabilities than any other children’s hospital in New Orleans. Plus, our children’s-only ER is equipped to handle any pediatric emergency.
Moms Want the Best for their Kids, So Do We
For the fourth year in a row, Ochsner Hospital for Children has been ranked among the Top 50 Children’s Hospitals in the country for pediatric cardiology and heart surgery specialties by U.S. News and World Report. Ochsner Hospital for Children is Louisiana's only ranked children's hospital.
- 125-bed children's hospital within a hospital
- 54-bed Level IV Regional NICU, the highest level available in Louisiana (located on Baptist campus)
- 14-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, the highest level available
- 12-bed Pediatric CVICU, the only unit of its kind in the Gulf South
- 45-bed Pediatric Acute Care unit
- Conveniently located on the Ochsner Medical Center campus on Jefferson Highway
- A level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana offering more than 30 pediatric specialties and sub-specialties, such as pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric hematology and oncology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric pulmonology and more
- Quality care with elite level outcomes: Our Congenital Heart Disease program had a 100% survival rate in 2018. Learn more about our patients' high survival rates.
- Child Life Specialists available as part of your child's care team
- Part of Ochsner Health System, with hospitals ranked among the best in the nation for clinical quality and patient safety
- Bookmark Ochsner.org/ER to view wait times
- Dedicated waiting area just for the Children’s ER
- Specially-trained pediatric emergency room doctors
- Pediatric specialists and subspecialists you can’t find anywhere else in the region
- Intensive care unit just for children
- Warm and caring environment created especially for children and families
We Always Stay Up Late
- Not sure if it’s an emergency or if you need a clinic appointment? Call Ochsner On Call at 800-231-5257 24-hours seven days a week and speak with a physician or nurse to determine the best care options for your child.
As a nonprofit, the impact that our donors and volunteers have at Ochsner Hospital for Children is extraordinary. There are many ways that you can get involved too.
- You can share your story. There is nothing more inspiring than the stories of our patients’ resilience, their families’ strength and the caregivers that made a difference during their healthcare journey. Please click here to share your family’s story of care at Ochsner Hospital for Children.
- You can host a community event. When you decide to host your own event, you are the driving force behind advances in patient care and treatment options for patients throughout the region. To learn more, please contact email@example.com.
- You can volunteer for an event. If you’re interested in volunteering for events at Ochsner Hospital for Children, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can become an Ambassador. The Ambassadors for Ochsner Hospital for Children are passionate patient families, friends and community members committed to making the world better for children. If you’d like more information, please click here.
- You can make an investment in the future of care. Gifts to Ochsner Hospital for Children help change and save lives every day. If you are interested in making a gift in support of pediatric care, please click here.