A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Make sure your children always have the care they need by choosing Ochsner Hospital for Children, a hospital dedicated exclusively to children’s healthcare.
From rare brain tumors and leukemia to heart conditions and organ transplants, we offer a level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana and more advanced capabilities than any other children’s hospital in New Orleans. Plus, our children’s-only ER is equipped to handle any pediatric emergency.
Parents Want the Best for their Kids. So Do We
For the seventh year in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked Ochsner Hospital for Children among the Top 50 Children’s Hospitals in the country. This year, Ochsner Hospital for Children ranked in cardiology and heart surgery and orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report, which makes us the only children's hospital in Louisiana to rank in two specialties in one year.
Ochsner Hospital for Children is the No. 1 hospital for kids in Louisiana. You can count on us.
- 125-bed children's hospital, located on the Ochsner Medical Center – New Orleans campus on Jefferson Highway
- 54-bed Level IV regional neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), the highest level available in Louisiana (located on the Ochsner Baptist campus)
- 14-bed Level I pediatric intensive care unit (ICU), the highest level available
- 12-bed pediatric cardiovascular ICU, the only unit of its kind in the Gulf South
- 45-bed pediatric acute care unit
- A level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana offering more than 30 pediatric specialties and sub-specialties, such as pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric hematology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric pulmonology and more
- Quality care with excellent outcomes: Our Congenital Heart Disease Program had a 100% survival rate in 2018. Learn more about our patients' high survival rates.
- Child Life Specialists available as part of your child's care team
- Bookmark Ochsner.org/ER to view wait times
- Dedicated waiting area just for the children’s ER
- Specially-trained pediatric emergency room doctors
- Pediatric specialists and subspecialists you can’t find anywhere else in the region
- ICU just for children
- Warm and caring environment created especially for children and families
We Always Stay Up Late
- Not sure if it’s an emergency or if you need a clinic appointment? Call Ochsner On Call at 800-231-5257 24/7 and speak with a registered nurse to determine the best care options for your child.
As a nonprofit, the impact that our donors and volunteers have at Ochsner Hospital for Children is extraordinary. There are many ways that you can get involved too.
- You can share your story and describe in your own words the care you received from our team and how your life has changed for the better. Click here to share your family’s story of care at Ochsner Hospital for Children, and we may share your story on social!
- You can host a community event to raise funds for Ochsner Hospital for Children. When you decide to host your own event, you are the driving force behind advances in patient care and treatment options for patients throughout the region. To learn more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can volunteer for an event. If you’re interested in volunteering for events at Ochsner Hospital for Children, please contact email@example.com.
- You can become an Ambassador. The Ambassadors for Ochsner Hospital for Children are passionate patient families, friends and community members committed to making the world better for children. Learn more about the Ambassador program.
- You can make an investment in the future of care for children. Gifts to Ochsner Hospital for Children help change and save lives every day. Make a donation online to support pediatric care.
Accreditations and Recognition
- Ochsner Hospital for Children is a member of The Children’s Hospital Association, which brings together 220 hospitals to facilitate innovative thinking and cultivate solutions for children’s healthcare.
- Ochsner Hospital for Children has been recognized for its professionalism and outstanding patient care in nursing. The Nursing Magnet Recognition Program recognizes organizations that go above and beyond when it comes to nursing.
- Ochsner Hospital for Children is one of more than 145 children’s hospitals who are members of the Solutions for Patient Safety network with a shared vision that children’s healthcare is of the utmost importance and no child should be harmed in an effort to heal.
- Ochsner Hospital for Children is proud to be recognized nationwide for our quality of care and commitment to prioritizing healthcare performance by The Joint Commission.
- Ochsner Hospital for Children is proud to be named the No. 1 hospital in Louisiana for kids and ranking in two specialties: cardiology and heart surgery and orthopedics. Learn more about our rankings here.