A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Make sure your children always have the care they need by choosing Ochsner Hospital for Children, a hospital dedicated exclusively to children’s healthcare.
From rare brain tumors and leukemia to heart conditions and organ transplants, we offer a level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana and more advanced capabilities than any other children’s hospital in New Orleans. Plus, our children’s-only ER is equipped to handle any pediatric emergency.
- 113-bed children's hospital within a hospital
- 54-bed Level IV Regional NICU, the highest level available in Louisiana
- 14-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, the highest level available
- 12-bed Pediatric CVICU, the only unit of its kind in the Gulf South
- 33-bed Pediatric Acute Care unit
- Conveniently located on the Ochsner Medical Center campus on Jefferson Highway
- A level of pediatric care unmatched in Louisiana offering more than 30 pediatric specialties and sub-specialties, such as pediatric gastroenterology, pediatric hematology and oncology, pediatric cardiology, pediatric pulmonology and more
- Child Life Specialists available as part of your child's care team
- Part of Ochsner Health System, with hospitals ranked among the best in the nation for clinical quality and patient safety
- Bookmark Ochsner.org/ER to view wait times
- Dedicated waiting area just for the Children’s ER
- Specially-trained pediatric emergency room doctors
- Pediatric specialists and subspecialists you can’t find anywhere else in the region
- Intensive care unit just for children
- Warm and caring environment created especially for children and families
We Always Stay Up Late
- Not sure if it’s an emergency or if you need a clinic appointment? Call Ochsner On Call at 800-231-5257 24-hours seven days a week and speak with a physician or nurse to determine the best care options for your child.