Ochsner Hospital for Children is dedicated to providing outstanding, personalized care for infants, children and adolescents. Recognizing that pediatric care is the beginning of the healthcare journey, Ochsner Hospital for Children offers an interdisciplinary approach that honors diversity, encourages open discussion and respects the parents’ and child’s rights to participate in the planning of care. Sound medical research and education, empowered by skill and technology, bolster Ochsner Hospital for Children’s commitment to excellence in pediatric neurology care.
Pediatric Neurology Conditions Treated:
The Ochsner Hospital for Children Pediatric Neurology Section evaluates and treats children and young adults with the full range of neurological disorders including:
- Childhood seizure disorders
- Childhood headaches and migraines
- Hypotonia and muscle disorders
- Movement disorders, tics and Tourette Syndrome
- Psychomotor retardation and regression, as well as mental retardation, cerebral palsy and neurometabolic disorders
- Learning and attention disorders
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Brain tumors
- Tuberous Sclerosis
The Pediatric Neurology Section is also able to provide the following services:
- CT Scan
Neurologists may serve as consultants to other physicians on these services and may also provide long-term care to patients with chronic neurological disorders.