Some people seek the help of a plastic surgeon enhance their appearance. Others require a reconstructive procedure after a mastectomy or broken nose. Whatever the reason, the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Ochsner is the answer in Louisiana. We know when you look your best, you feel your best – and a happier you is a healthier you.
Why Ochsner for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery?
When you choose facial cosmetic surgery or reconstructive surgery at Ochsner, you get peace of mind knowing you’re being cared for, at one of the top hospitals providing cancer care and ear, nose and throat (ENT) care in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 504-842-4080 or go to my.ochsner.org.
Some cosmetic and facial plastic procedures are considered elective and may not be paid for by your insurance company. Consult your insurance provider and Ochsner’s pre-certification department for more information.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for Cancer Patients
Ochsner surgeons offer a full array of cosmetic, plastic and reconstructive procedures that rely on conventional, microsurgical and endoscopic techniques. For the patient, that means “minimally invasive.” Some of the operations can even be performed in the clinic under local or general anesthesia, without hospital admission. Unlike what you might find at other hospitals in the region, a plastic and reconstructive surgeon is part of the team in the initial surgical planning at Ochsner – as soon as a cancer diagnosis is made. Final reconstructive outcomes can be discussed up front, and always with the goal of tissue-sparing surgery. Reconstruction following surgical excision of a cancerous tumor can be performed in any area of the body, depending upon the location of the cancer. It’s traditionally for functional needs, though, in addition to restoring the appearance of the affected area.
Appearance plays a big role in our lives. Every day we look in the mirror as we prepare ourselves for the day ahead. For some, the reflection can reveal premature signs of aging or birth defects. A change on the outside often brings a positive change in self-image. The decision to undergo cosmetic surgery is a personal choice, and the reasons are as unique as the individual.
At the Cosmetic Surgery Center Ochsner, our goal is to help our patients make informed decisions that they are completely comfortable with - whether to enhance features or to correct imperfections. The Ochsner Center for Cosmetic Surgery offers a wealth of services in a beautiful setting, all within the safety of a full-service medical center. We are committed to the total health needs of our patients. That’s why the Center provides the most sophisticated care available while fulfilling everyday health needs.
Patients undergoing cosmetic procedures at the Cosmetic Surgery Center at Ochsner can enjoy peace of mind knowing that, should any unforeseen problem or complication arise, assistance is immediately available from highly trained and specialized physicians from every medical and surgical field. All of our procedures are performed in the comfort of a private, accredited ambulatory surgery center under monitored local or general anesthesia. Most services are performed on an outpatient basis so that patients can go home to recuperate after a short recovery period.
For more information, click here.
Ear, Nose & Throat Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery
Ochsner Otolaryngology has a faculty member who is uniquely trained in this area and provides consultations and treatments involving cosmetic functional and reconstructive surgical abnormalities of the face and neck including deviated septum, nasal reconstruction (rhinoplasty), face lift, drooping eyelids and dermal fillers. The most common facial plastic and reconstructive conditions necessitating consultation are listed below.
The Ochsner team goes to great lengths to make sure you understand and are comfortable with the procedure you are about to have. Outpatient facial plastic procedures offered at Ochsner include but aren’t limited to:
- Dysport® – A prescription injection proven to help smooth the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines
- Blepharoplasty – Eyelid surgery (upper eyelid lift and lower eyelid lift)
- Botox – Injections that can reduce the look of wrinkles
- Chin Augmentation – Chin implants to help balance the features of your face
- Cutaneous Malignancies
- Earlobe Repair – Reconstruction of stretched or torn earlobes
- Endoscopic Browlift – Brow lift/forehead lift procedures can erase years of your appearance
- Facelift – Eliminates excess skin and tightens the facial tissues
- Dermal Fillers (Restylane, Perlane, Radiesse, Juviderm) – Fillers can counter the effects of age and sun damage
- Otoplasty – Ear surgery to correct prominent ears (ear pinning/size reduction)
- Nasal Reconstruction – Includes treatment of nasal traumas (such as a broken nose), reconstructive nose surgery following skin cancer surgery, and procedures to correct nasal deformities that can affect breathing such as a deviated septum or sinus condition
- Rhinoplasty – Nose reshaping (nose job) to correct deformities for a well-proportioned nose (you may have a bump removed, narrow your nostril width, change the angle of your nose, etc.)
- Skin Rejuvenation – Procedures such as Laser Skin Resurfacing (CO2 Laser Resurfacing) and microdermabrasion
- Snoring/Sleep Apnea (Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty or UPPP) – Surgery to open the upper airways
Our Team and Locations
To schedule an appointment, call 504-842-3950.
To contact our Baptist location, call 504-703-9615.
- Ochsner Medical Center – Jefferson Hwy.
- Tansey Breast Center
- Adult Care:
- Pediatric Care:
Uptown New Orleans:
- Ochsner Baptist
- Ochsner Health Center - Baptist Napoleon Medical Plaza
- Surgical Breast Reconstruction: Ochsner Baptist
- Robert J. Allen, MD
North Shore (Slidell and Covington):
- Breast Care at Ochsner Northshore
- Ochsner Medical Center – Slidell
- Ochsner Health Center – Covington
- Christopher Babycos, MD
St. Bernard Parish Hospital (Chalmette)