Chaplains provide sensitive spiritual support for patients, families, and staff from all different faith backgrounds. Chaplains are spiritual care providers who meet people at their point of need for meaning, hope and support during trying times.
Consider asking to see a chaplain when you:
- are experiencing anxiety or fear about your situation
- are having difficulty sorting out your feelings
- experience grief over a loss
- would like someone to pray for you or pray with you
- have a spiritual question
- wish to receive the sacrament of the sick
- are faced with a difficult decision
- would like support for those who are supporting you during your illness
- wish to speak with someone about your situation
- need assistance completing advance directives
The Role of Chaplaincy in Healthcare
To learn more about the nature of spiritual care and how intrinsic it is to healthcare, read the white paper provided by the Association of Professional Chaplains. The paper establishes the relationship of spirituality and healthcare and outlines the various environments in which care is provided.
Discover answers to questions when making decisions about end of life care in advance of need, click here.
Locations & Contact
Spiritual Care Services are available at these hospital locations:
- Ochsner Medical Center
- Ochsner Baptist
- Ochsner Medical Center - Kenner
- Ochsner Medical Center - North Shore
- Ochsner Medical Center - West Bank