Multi-Organ Transplant Institute
Patients choose us for the peace of mind that comes with receiving care at one of our nation’s leading organ transplant centers. We have successfully performed more than 5,000 lifesaving liver, kidney, pancreas, heart and lung transplants over the past three decades.
We aim to restore the quality of our patients’ organs, health and life as a whole. The Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Institute also offers a living donor program for living liver and living kidney donors. Our experienced and dedicated team of surgeons, physicians and support specialists provides our patients with physical, emotional and practical support.
Transplant Center Highlights
- Liver transplant program ranked #1 in the nation for medical excellence by CareChex. Ranked #1 in the nation in liver transplants by CareChex.
- Largest Liver Transplant program by volume in the nation for 2012-2014.
- Second largest combined Kidney-Pancreas program by volume in the nation in 2014.
- Performed the 5000th organ transplant at Ochsner in 2014.
- Performed the 100th lung transplant since re-opening the lung program in 2009.
- Implanted Louisiana’s first total artificial heart (TAH) in 2013.
- Performed the most adult liver transplants of any U.S. medical center in 2013 according to the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS).
- Only Lung, Pediatric Heart and Living Liver Transplant programs in Louisiana.
- Medicare-approved transplant center for heart, liver, kidney and lung transplantation.
- Center of Excellence for many insurers.
- Ongoing clinical and laboratory research projects representing all aspects of transplantation research.
Comprehensive Patient Care
Ochsner’s comprehensive team of transplant surgeons, physicians and support specialists are dedicated to clinical excellence and innovation.
For patients, this means:
- Shorter wait times for transplant
- Greater transplant success rates
- Patient survival rates greater than national averages
- Minimal surgery times
- Fewer days in critical care
- Shorter hospital stays
- Innovative surgical procedures