A Department of Ochsner Medical Center
Ochsner Health Center For Children - New Orleans offers a full range of pediatric services. From immunizations to life-saving efforts such as heart and lung transplants, we specialize in comprehensive care for children. Our pediatric specialists have access to the same resources and and research as their adult counterparts. This allows us to give the most up-to-date care to pediatric patients.
Our goal is the health and well-being of your child, and we accomplish this by offering:
- More than 25 general pediatricians and 40 pediatric subspecialists, all of whom are trained and experienced in health problems specific to children, from birth through adolescences
- A full range of pediatric services
- The highest quality of care available
- Multiple neighborhood locations
Our No. 1 Priority is Children
We understand that there are times when your child needs immediate attention. That's why we offer same-day appointments, extended hours, lunchtime and Saturday appointments at many of our clinics.
Ochsner On Call for After Hours Assistance
Specially trained registered nurses are available to discuss your concerns and help you decide if your child's symptoms require a trip to the emergency room or a visit with a physician. Call 504-842-3155 or toll free 800-213-5257. Ochsner pediatricians are able to closely manage the care of your child should he or she require hospitalization or home healthcare. Ochsner also provides:
- Over-the-phone registration
- Prescription refills
- Well-baby visits
- Completion of shot records
- School and camp forms