Ochsner Health and MD Anderson Cancer Center are clinically integrated to advance care even further, right here in Louisiana. With a shared mission of ending cancer, we are providing cancer treatments that are among the most advanced in the nation.
With a holistic, patient-centric approach, Ochsner MD Anderson’s expert team provides comprehensive care to patients. A multidisciplinary team of doctors, clinicians and support specialists offer services to treat the entire person. Support professionals include nutritionists, nurse navigators, social workers, physical therapists, acupuncturists, and others. We offer groundbreaking research and innovative therapies, including access to select clinical trials available to eligible patients.
St. Tammany Cancer Center - A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center, is located on the campus of Ochsner Health Center - Covington and near St. Tammany Parish Hospital.
St. Tammany Cancer Center - A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center offers:
- 30 physicians and more than 80 other healthcare professionals dedicated to cancer care
- Integrative Oncology Services and comprehensive symptom management which includes physical therapy, yoga, acupuncture, rehabilitation area, survivorship services and meditation space
- 47 private and semi-private infusion bays
- Clinic space with a multidisciplinary design where patients benefit from a collaborative approach to cancer care by a highly skilled team of medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, oncology nurses and navigators dedicated to supporting our cancer patients and their loved ones
- An Ochsner Health O Bar, a retail experience offering the latest in cutting edge, interactive health technology to help patients seamlessly manage health and wellness with specialized digital medicine programs designed specifically for cancer patients
- The Cancer Center also includes supportive services such as nutrition, yoga and tai chi, acupuncture and psychology provided by a team that specializes in caring for oncology patients.
St. Tammany Cancer Center - A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center will also offer a robust clinical cancer research program, which offers patients access to early-phase clinical trials, cutting-edge drugs and anti-cancer agents through its Center for Innovative Cancer Therapies Program. Patients will have access to the largest clinical trials network in Louisiana, including a broad portfolio of Phase 1 and 2 trials, allowing patients to stay closer to home for these groundbreaking, novel therapies.