Every 60 seconds, someone in the United States dies from a heart disease-related event. In fact, more people in the United States are diagnosed with heart disease than all forms of cancer combined. The statistics are staggering, but they don’t tell the whole story.
There is hope and it’s closer than you think – right here at Ochsner Lafayette General. With revolutionary treatment options not found anywhere else in the region, our award-winning team works closely with you to develop customized treatment plans that are both targeted and effective. From routine diagnostics to specialized procedures, our heart specialists are equipped to provide you with the best care available in cardiovascular medicine.
Our advanced level of care delivers life-changing results for people every day.
Your Heart Health Starts Here
Ochsner & CIS: The Power of Partnership
Since 2011, Ochsner Lafayette General and the Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) have pioneered a partnership to create a hospital-physician co-management agreement. The purpose of the agreement is to allow CIS cardiologists to be the decision-makers in developing and achieving the high standards of heart and cardiovascular care that Ochsner Lafayette General strives to achieve. This partnership allows us to provide you with specialized cardiovascular and heart care at Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center’s Heart & Vascular Center and at affiliated satellite locations through referrals.
Unrivaled Cardiovascular Care. Undeniable Results.
This mutually beneficial partnership has had tremendous results. It has fostered better patient outcomes, stronger quality measures, shorter lengths of stay, reduced readmissions and higher patient satisfaction for cardiology patients. With the resources of Ochsner Lafayette General, CIS cardiologists can advance the frontiers of innovation and research, utilize superior technology and acquire top specialists covering all facets of heart and vascular medicine.
In 2013, Ochsner Lafayette General extended access of its CIS cardiologists beyond Ochsner Lafayette General Medical Center to include Ochsner University Hospital & Clinics, where quality heart health and cardiology services were in high demand. In 2021, that access was further extended to Ochsner St. Martin Hospital to provide state-of-the-art cardiology services to more communities in our region. Ochsner Lafayette General also utilizes the partnership with CIS by providing telecardiology programs at Ochsner Acadia General Hospital and Ochsner Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital.
The co-management model of CIS at Ochsner Lafayette General creates a culture of excellence across each organization. Following the success of this partnership, Ochsner Lafayette General has based other co-management agreements on this exemplary model.
Contact the Heart and Vascular Center of Acadiana by calling 337-289-7999. We are open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon. A referral is needed from your physician.
More Options, More experience
The cardiovascular team at Ochsner Lafayette General, in partnership with CIS, offers non-surgical methods of repairing heart valves, state-of-the-art treatment for heart rhythm disorders and laser technology to remove implanted heart devices. In addition, our team provides advanced cardiovascular care for patients with conditions, including:
- Advanced Heart Failure including Transplantation and Mechanical Assist Devices (LVAD’s)
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Aortic & Mitral Valve Disease including Non-Surgical Replacement and Repair
- Peripheral Vascular Disease including Non-Surgical Repair with Stenting
- Stroke Prevention with Carotid Artery Stents
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair with Non-Surgical Stenting
- Heart Rhythm Disorders & Pacing and Defibrillators
- Atrial Fibrillation & Other Arrhythmias Requiring Catheter Ablation Therapy
- Adults and Children with Congenital Heart Disease
- Critical Limb Ischemia
- Structural Heart Disease
- Advanced Coronary Diseases for patients with restenosis, and chronic total occlusions
- Heart disease risk factor management, including hypertension and cholesterol management
We offer the following procedures and services, including:
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Aortic Services
- Cardiac Amyloidosis
- Cardiac Rehab
- Cardio-Oncology Clinic
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Chronic Total Occlusion Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (CTO PCI)
- Congenital Heart Care
- Congenital Heart Disease (CHD)
- Consultative Clinical Cardiology
- Electrophysiology and Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Heart Failure and Transplantation Medicine
- Heart Transplants
- Hypertension Digital Medicine
- Interventional Cardiology
- Mechanical Circulatory Support (VAD & LVAD)
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Heart Transplant
- PET Scan
- Pulmonary Hypertension Care
- Valve and Structural Heart Disease (TAVR)
- Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Vascular Medicine