Ochsner Baptist Women's Pavilion has all the women’s healthcare you need in one place with personalized amenities. We make it easy for women to connect to the expert care they need. At the pavilion, you’ll be able to have a baby, a mammogram, or even robotic surgery, all in one convenient location.
The Women's Pavilion celebrates the best of the New Orleans region through the style of our decor and scenic views of the Uptown area.
By having everything in one place, physicians from all different areas of expertise will be able to care for you as a team – combining their knowledge to ensure you have the best treatment and the best possible outcome.
Ochsner Medical Center, inclusive of Ochsner Medical Center- West Bank Campus and Ochsner Baptist earned the “High Performing in Maternity Care (Uncomplicated Pregnancy)” rating – the highest rating U.S. News & World Report awards for maternity care. This coveted honor is reserved for the top third of hospitals evaluated by U.S. News & World Report for maternity care.
Obstetrics at Ochsner
Choose Ochsner for the birth of your baby. Ochsner features advanced technology in obstetrics and baby care in a comfortable, caring and peaceful environment.
- Spacious, contemporary labor/delivery/recovery suites offer everything you need to welcome your baby into the world
- Free and convenient covered parking
- A larger and more comfortable waiting room featuring a children’s area for families awaiting a new member
- Alternative birthing care at the Perkin Alternative Birthing Center, which is accredited by The Commission for the Accreditation of Birth Centers.
- Maternity Birthing Center at Ochsner Baptist tours are offered after prenatal classes.
- Take a virtual tour of our facility.
- Most comprehensive specialty coverage under one roof in the region
- Educational childbirth classes offered for expectant parents. Click here for class schedules. The classes cover such topics as the labor and delivery experience; vaginal delivery versus cesarean section delivery; epidurals; postpartum care; car seat safety; newborn care; sibling classes for siblings; and breastfeeding. Classes are taught by our maternity nurses and our breastfeeding class is led by certified lactation consultants.
- Let Ochsner provide you with the information and care you need as you prepare for the joy of bringing a new life into the world. Download the A to Z's of Your Pregnancy.
- High-risk maternity specialists: Maternal fetal medicine is a subspecialty of obstetrics in which specially trained physicians take care of high-risk pregnancies to ensure a healthy outcome for the mother and the baby.
- Room service available
- Larger postpartum rooms with space for your family
- Accommodations include a comfortable place for support people to sleep
- Stock up and shop for items new parents will need when they bring home their new bundle of joy at the Ochsner Baptist Gift Shop and O Baby! Store
- Highest level neonatal intensive care - Ochsner Baptist Women’s Pavilion offers the highest level (Level III) Regional NICU, staffed by our experienced team of board-certified neonatologists. 54 NICU beds available, including private NICU rooms.
- Nicview webcams available free of charge at every NICU bay for parents who can’t be with their babies every minute but will have access to keep an eye on their babies from a computer or smartphone day or night.
- Ochsner offers a comprehensive range of pediatric services to care for your new baby from birth all the way through adolescence. Ochsner pediatrics specializes in comprehensive care for the whole child — from preventive care such as immunizations to life-saving efforts. Expecting parents can schedule a free prospective parent appointment with one of our Ochsner pediatricians to meet our physicians and staff and select a doctor that complements your growing family. To schedule, call 504-842-3900.
The Baby-Friendly Initiative
The Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative is a global program that was launched by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in 1991 to encourage and recognize hospitals and birthing centers that offer an optimal level of care for infant feeding and mother/baby bonding.
This initiative follows evidence-based best practices for all moms and babies including encouraging skin-to-skin contact between moms and babies.
The Baby-Friendly designation is given to hospitals who successfully implement the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding and the International Code of Marketing of Breast-milk Substitutes.
For questions about breastfeeding your baby or breastfeeding resources, call our Warm Line at 504-842-5210.
Ochsner Baptist's gynecology department is designed to treat a wide spectrum of issues impacting a woman’s life, including the following GYN specialties:
Ochsner offers advanced technology for gynecological robotic surgery.
- Gynecologic conditions
- Tubal ligation reversal
Ochsner Baptist imaging is conveniently located on the Baptist campus and provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services, including digital mammograms.