Close families share everything – meals, WiFi, memories - not to mention colds and flus. When you all come down with the same bug, wouldn’t it be great if you shared the same doctor? Family Medicine Physicians are specially trained to treat everyone in your family – from baby to great grandma and everyone in between.
Childhood illnesses, teenage development, gynecology, men’s issues, aging…Ochsner Family Medicine Physicians see it all. In doing so, we get the whole picture. We get to know you both as individuals and as a family. And what we learn can give us important insights into your health.
Entrust Your Family to the Ochsner Family.
Ochsner has a large network of Family Medicine Physicians serving the South Shore, North Shore, West Bank, Baton Rouge and Bayou Region. In addition, we’re backed by physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. As members of the Ochsner family, Ochsner Family Physicians know who to turn to when specialty care is required.
Electronic medical records are another reason to choose an Ochsner Family Medicine doctor. If you or one of your kids is ever ill or in an accident and can’t answer a doctor’s questions, you can have peace of mind knowing the Ochsner ER physician can access your medical history electronically.
Ochsner Family Medicine Specialists Can Provide:
- Newborn and well-child care
- Annual physical exams for women, including Pap smears, pelvic and breast exams, if needed.
- A male physical examination, including prostate and colon cancer screenings
- Acute care for short-term illnesses
- Ongoing care of chronic problems
- Treatment of complex and long-term medical conditions including diabetes and high blood pressure
- Physical exams for sports, school and summer camp
- Preventive care, health screening and physical exams for individuals of all ages
- Flu shots, allergy injections and immunizations
- Joint injections
- Lab services
See a Physician as Early as Today!
Schedule an appointment.
Contact Ochsner On Call to make an appointment or speak with an RN, 24/7, at 800-231-5257.
Or give us a call at 866-624-7637 to schedule an appointment.
Find a health center offering extended hours, primary care or urgent care on this list.