Antibiotic Resistance: Am I at Risk?
Hand Hygiene: What Can You Do as a Patient?
A Little Army of Robots Making a Big Impact
Can You Drink Alcohol on Antibiotics?
mAbdominal Hernias: What You Should Know
Is It Food Poisoning or Stomach Flu?
Don't Let the Holidays Affect Your Waistline
Celebrate Sink-O de Mayo: International Hand Hygiene Day
Flu Season Survival Guide
Is it “Just” a Cough or Something More Serious?
Gluten-Free: A Choice or a Diagnosis?
Primary Care, Urgent Care or Emergency Room?
3 Add-Ins to Slash Carbs and Calories from Dips
Top Picks for Breakfast Cereals
What is Container Baby Syndrome?
You have a brilliant cardiologist. An amazing allergist. A great doctor for your back. But who’s looking at the big picture? Who’s looking at the whole you? That’s where an Ochsner internal medicine physician or internist comes in.
Why an Ochsner Internist?
An Internal Medicine doctor is a primary care physician who specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases that affect adults 18 years of age and older. Ochsner is home to some of the most talented internists in the region – men and women who dedicate their lives to treating the whole person. At Ochsner, we work to build relationships with our patients – relationship that will last for years. You don’t just see us when you’re sick. You see us to stay well.
Our Services Include:
- Solving complex diagnostic problems
- Managing chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Teaching our patients about wellness and disease prevention
- Providing urgent care in select locations
- Scheduling, reviewing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Coordinating other medical specialists, as needed and consulting on your general care
- Overseeing hospital and emergency room follow-up care
- Recommending adult preventive health screenings
- Facilitating electronic medical records, allowing for the most consistent patient care
- Providing prescription refills and pharmaceutical consults
See a Physician as Early as Today!
Schedule an appointment.
Contact Ochsner On Call to make an appointment or speak with an RN, 24/7, at 800-231-5257.
Or give us a call at 866-624-7637 to schedule an appointment.
Find a health center offering extended hours, primary care or urgent care on this list.