You have a brilliant cardiologist. An amazing allergist. A great doctor for your back. But who’s looking at the big picture? Who’s looking at the whole you? That’s where an Ochsner internal medicine physician or internist comes in.
Why choose Ochsner for Internal Medicine?
An Internal Medicine doctor is a primary care physician who specialize in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases that affect adults 18 years of age and older. Ochsner is home to some of the most talented internists in the region – men and women who dedicate their lives to treating the whole person. At Ochsner, we work to build relationships with our patients – relationship that will last for years. You don’t just see us when you’re sick. You see us to stay well.
Coordinated Convenient Care
At Ochsner Health, your detailed medical history goes with you and is accessible by our specialists, urgent cares, ERs and hospitals across the Gulf South. This decreases redundant studies, improves communication between providers and streamlines your care, which leads to improvements in your health outcomes as well as your cost of care.
Our internal medicine specialists are experts at synthesizing your complete health information, recognizing patterns and diagnosing and treating complex medical issues. Our excellent internal medicine physicians, combined with our advanced technology provides some of the best medical care for adults in the region.
Additionally, our Internal Medicine physicians and their support teams are accessible through the MyOchsner app for non urgent medical issues. This allows you to message your doctor, schedule appointments, submit refill requests for medication whenever it is convenient for you. You can also receive preventive health reminders to help you stay on track with regular mammograms, vaccinations and more. MyOchsner also allows you to view your results and connect your family to your records and treatment team.
Connecting to care online has never been easier. You can now schedule virtual visits through your MyOchsner portal to meet with your physician for various issues that do not require an in-person visit.
Our Services Include:
- Solving complex diagnostic problems
- Managing chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.
- Teaching our patients about wellness and disease prevention
- Providing urgent care in select locations
- Scheduling, reviewing and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Coordinating other medical specialists, as needed and consulting on your general care
- Overseeing hospital and emergency room follow-up care
- Recommending adult preventive health screenings
- Facilitating electronic medical records, allowing for the most consistent patient care
- Providing prescription refills and pharmaceutical consults
See an Internist as Early as Today!
Schedule an appointment.
Contact Ochsner On Call to make an appointment or speak with an RN, 24/7, at 800-231-5257.
Or give us a call at 866-624-7637 to schedule an appointment.
Find a health center offering extended hours, primary care or urgent care on this list.
See your provider virtually in a visit through MyOchsner or get urgent care 24/7 with Ochsner Anywhere Care. Click here to learn more.
We provide coordinated care to help you reach your specific healthcare goals. Teams in your area may include:
- Digital health programs, which focus on practical home management of your chronic medical conditions such as hypertension or diabetes.
- Behavioral Health virtual or in-person access to counselors or psychiatry providers for therapy or medication management for those dealing with depression, anxiety or other behavioral healthy challenges.
- Diabetes support, including diabetes education, medication training and nutrition
- Clinical Care Coordinators who provide preventative medicine outreach to patients for upcoming or overdue preventative screenings, such as colonoscopies, mammograms, vaccinations or disease specific labs.
- Medical fitness referrals from your provider to an Ochsner Fitness Center for nutrition, fitness and exercise planning.
- Weight loss management through various providers who specialize in either medical or surgical weight loss options.
Ochsner On Call
Not sure you need to go to the doctor? Ochsner On Call is a special service that provides health education and advisory services 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-800-231-5257. Registered nurses are waiting on the line to discuss your healthcare concerns and help determine if your symptoms require a visit to a physician or a trip to the emergency room.