Ochsner Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout our region. With a 150-bed hospital, 13 health centers and team of more than 200 skilled providers, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care. Ochsner accepts 47+ insurance plans including, but not limited to, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Healthcare and more.
Our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane offers private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, a Family Birthing Center with alternate delivery options like water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. The hospital also has advanced care specialties such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge is pleased to offer labor and delivery services at the Family Birthing Center. Our team of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs provide moms-to-be and their families with a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to welcome their new addition all within a full service hospital. Alternative birthing options include birthing tubs, stools and chairs.
The Family Birthing Center features the following:
- 8 labor and delivery rooms
- 4 built-in birthing tubs
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also offers:
With a hospital and more than a dozen health centers, we make it convenient and easy to access high-quality healthcare.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge has received the following recognitions and awards.
- Largest area certified nurse midwife program
- The first hospital in Louisiana to receive the prestigious international recognition as a Baby-Friendly designated birth facility
- Awarded Birth Ready+ designation by Louisiana Department of Health (2021)
- Recognized by Healthgrades as a five-star recipient for
- Heart attack treatment (2021)
- Hip fracture treatment, two years in a row (2021-2022)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease treatment (2022)
- Gallbladder removal surgery (2022)
- Respiratory failure treatment, five years in a row (2017-2021)
- Earned an ‘A’ Spring 2021 Hospital Safety Grade from The Leapfrog Group, a national distinction recognizing achievements that protect patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the U. S.
- Named to the 2018 IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals®. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, the study highlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S.
- Received the Patient Safety Excellence Award™ in the Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation
- Named a GYN Epicenter for robotic-assisted surgery, due in part to vast experience and quality outcomes using the da Vinci® Surgical System
- One of only 10 hospitals in the U. S. to receive both the 2017 Top Hospitals Everest Award® and the 100 Top Hospitals Award® by Truven Health Analytics
- Ochsner Health was recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2017
- Only hospital in Louisiana to receive the 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ from Healthgrades. The distinction places OMCBR in the top 5 percent for clinical excellence among more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide
- Becker's Hospital Review announced OMCBR as the only Louisiana hospital named to the 2016 "100 Great Community Hospitals" list