Ochsner Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout our region. With our 150-bed hospital, 13 health centers and team of more than 200 skilled providers, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care. Ochsner accepts 47+ insurance plans including, but not limited to, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Healthcare and many more!
Check-In to the Emergency Room
Emergency Room Check-In
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
17000 Medical Center Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
At Ochsner we are always looking to innovate the patient experience with new cutting-edge technology. Our tool, powered by InQuicker, allows patients to check-in online.
- Choose a treatment time that works for you.
- Click the Check In Now button.
- On the following page, fill out a 2-minute secure form.
- After that, you'll be in our system, and we'll be waiting for you!
At our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, we offer private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, a newly renovated Family Birthing Center and alternate deliveries, such as water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. The hospital has advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures.
- Ochsner is the only fully integrated multi-specialty group practice in Baton Rouge to include a hospital facility.
- Largest area certified nurse midwife program and the first hospital in Louisiana to receive the prestigious international recognition as a Baby-Friendly designated birth facility.
- Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge (OMCBR) named to the 2018 IBM Watson Health’s 100 Top Hospitals®. Formerly known as the Truven Health Analytics® 100 Top Hospitals, the study highlights the best-performing hospitals in the U.S.
- OMCBR received the Patient Safety Excellence Award™ in the Healthgrades 2018 Report to the Nation.
- Named a GYN Epicenter for robotic-assisted surgery, due in part to vast experience and quality outcomes using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
- One of only 10 hospitals in the United States to receive both the 2017 Top Hospitals Everest Award® and the 100 Top Hospitals Award® by Truven Health Analytics.
- Ochsner Health System was recognized by Becker’s Healthcare as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare” for 2017.
- OMCBR was the only hospital in Louisiana to receive the 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence™ from Healthgrades. The distinction places OMCBR in the top 5 percent for clinical excellence among more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide.
- Becker's Hospital Review announced OMCBR as the only Louisiana hospital named to the 2016 "100 Great Community Hospitals" list.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge is pleased to offer labor and delivery services at the new Family Birthing Center. Our team of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs provide moms to be and their families a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to welcome their new addition, all within a full service, acute-care hospital. Alternative birthing options including birthing tubs, stools and chairs are available.
The newly opened Family Birthing Center features the following:
- 8 labor and delivery rooms
- 4 built-in birthing tubs
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also offers:
With a hospital and over a dozen health centers we make it convenient and easy to choose your healthcare provider.