Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
Ochsner Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout our region. With our 150-bed hospital, 13 health centers and team of more than 300 skilled physicians, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care. Ochsner accepts 47+ insurance plans including, but not limited to, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Healthcare and many more!
Check-In to the Emergency Room
Emergency Room Check-In
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge
17000 Medical Center Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
At Ochsner we are always looking to innovate the patient experience with new cutting-edge technology. Our new tool powered by InQuicker allows patients to check-in online for this location.
- Choose a treatment time that works for you.
- Click the Check In Now button.
- On the following page, fill out a 2-minute secure form.
- After that, you'll be in our system, and we'll be waiting for you!
At our fully accredited hospital at I-12 and O'Neal Lane, we offer private rooms, 24-hour emergency care, a newly renovated Family Birthing Center and alternate deliveries, such as water births and the area’s only certified nurse midwife program. The hospital has advanced specialty care such as open-heart surgery and orthopedic procedures.
- Ochsner is the only fully integrated multi-specialty group practice in Baton Rouge to include a hospital facility
- Largest area certified nurse midwife program
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge received the Gold Level Hospital Quality Award from the Louisiana Health Care Review (LHCR) in 2008 and 2009
- First to post ER wait times online in the Baton Rouge region
- First in the Baton Rouge region to offer gynecological robotic-assisted surgery with the da Vinci® Surgical System
- One of only 23 GYN Epicenter sites in the nation for robotic-assisted surgery
- Now offering general surgery options such as GERD treatment and colon cancer removal with the da Vinci®
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge received the Golden GIFT Breastfeeding Award in recognition of its GIFT certification. The Louisiana Maternal and Child Health Coalition and the Louisiana Office of Public Health-Maternal and Child Health Program awards GIFT certification to those birthing centers which demonstrate a commitment to breastfeeding through hospital-wide policies that support, promote and protect breastfeeding as the preferred and normal method of infant feeding. Also, Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge was the first hospital in Louisiana to receive the prestigious international recognition as a Baby-Friendly designated birth facility.
- In 2014, CareChex®, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge number one in Baton Rouge for medical excellence in 11 specialties, including Overall Hospital Care, Overall Surgical Care, Cardiac Care, Orthopedic Care and Gastrointestinal Care. Additionally, Ochsner was named number one in Louisiana for Major Cardiac Surgery and Coronary Bypass Surgery as well as in the top ten percent in the nation for Overall Hospital Care, Overall Surgical Care and Neurological Care.
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge is pleased to offer labor and delivery services at the new Family Birthing Center. Our team of certified nurse midwives and OB/GYNs provide moms to be and their families a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere to welcome their new addition, all within a full service, acute-care hospital. Alternative birthing options including birthing tubs, stools and chairs are available.
The newly opened Family Birthing Center features the following:
- 6 labor and delivery rooms
- 2 built-in birthing tubs
- 2 cesarean rooms
- Level III NICU
Ochsner Medical Center - Baton Rouge also offers:
With a hospital and over a dozen health centers we make it convenient and easy to choose your healthcare provider.