Located in Crowley, Louisiana, Ochsner Acadia General Hospital (OAGH) delivers innovative, quality healthcare to the Acadia Parish community. The hospital provides acute medical and surgical care in the community it serves.
Originally founded as Legion Hospital by American Legion Post 15 in 1929, OAGH continues the tradition of caring for the residents of Acadia Parish. The hospital has grown and evolved with the changing needs of the community. As part of Ochsner Health, the hospital provides access to an extensive array of highly specialized care close to home.
Why Choose Ochsner Acadia General?
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital is changing the medical landscape in Acadia Parish, positively impacting the community it serves. When the hospital became part of Ochsner Lafayette General (OLG) in 2014, OAGH was able to enhance the services in the community.
In 2018, OAGH celebrated the grand opening of its newly renovated emergency department. The hospital also invested $2 million in new radiology equipment, including a new MRI. Through the support of generous donors, OAGH replaced all IV pumps with CareFusion Alaris smart pumps, creating a better, quieter experience for patients and caregivers.
Today, OAGH continues to excel by providing Acadia Parish with services tailored to benefit the community through a number of partnerships and expanded service lines. Ochsner Cancer Center of Acadiana clinics in Mamou and Ville Platte align with OLG to offer infusion services and resources to patients close to home. The hospital’s partnership with Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS) specifically enhanced its cardiology services and launched a telecardiology program linking patients to CIS in Lafayette, giving patients 24/7 access to a cardiologist.
With a continued focus on providing convenient access to care, OAGC also offers telepsychology, telestroke and a telehospitalist to meet the growing needs of the community. As part of Ochsner Health, patients benefit from the system’s vast, innovative telehealth and digital medicine programs.
Level 3 Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation: Developed by the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP), the GEDA program recognizes emergency departments that provide outstanding care for seniors. After years of building a reputation for unrivaled geriatric care, Ochsner Acadia General Hospital has achieved the bronze standard of the Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation program with a Level 3 accreditation.
This accreditation means that our team has the skills and tools needed to deliver advanced care to you or your loved ones. Our nurses and physicians completed specialty geriatric training supported by the Emergency Nurses Association and the American College of Emergency Physicians. This boosted their skills at recognizing the needs and medical issues that are unique to older patients. With specialized training such as this, our staff is more capable than ever to give you or a family member the highest level of care.
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital offers an extensive line of medical services, including:
- Emergency Medicine
- Inpatient Acute and Skilled Nursing Facility Beds
- Pediatric Services
- Digital Radiology & Imaging
- Women’s Services
- Kidney Care
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Vein Therapy
- Outpatient Infusion Centers
- Wound Care
- Digital Medicine Programs including Telemedicine Consults
In addition, OAGH provides:
Surgical Services of Ochsner Acadia General Hospital provides quality surgical care to patients of all ages. The Surgical Services department has operating rooms for general surgery and endoscopy procedures and a four-bed Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU). Clinical care activities and nursing services within the unit are provided by skilled registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, surgical technologists and trained ancillary personnel. Anesthesia services are provided by a full-time anesthesiologist and certified registered nurse anesthetist.
The Surgeons and Physicians at Ochsner Acadia General Hospital offer, but are not limited to, the following surgical specialties:
- General Surgery, including laparoscopic procedures for hernia repair, gallbladder, appendix, colon resection and fundoplication
- OB/GYN, including C-sections, ablation and laparoscopic hysterectomy and other gynecological procedures utilizing the daVinci Robot
- ENT, including tonsillectomy, ear tube insertion, nasal and facial fracture repair and computer-assisted sinus procedures
- Ophthalmology, including cataract and other procedures of the eyes and eyelids
- Orthopedic, including total joint replacement of knee, hip and shoulder, fracture management and arthroscopic procedures
- Endoscopy, Urology, Peripheral Vascular, Dentistry, Podiatry and Pain Management
OAGH offers a full range of radiology services utilizing state-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Multi-Slice High Speed CT scan
- Digital Mammography
- Digital Color Flow Ultrasound
- Nuclear Medicine
- Bone Density
This equipment is maintained with the highest standards and all certifications required by American College of Radiology (ACR).
OAGH employs registered technologists with expertise and certification in their area of service. The technologist participates in continuing education and annually fulfills licensure credentialing requirements.
We also use state-of-the-art P.A.C.S. (Picture and Archive Communication Systems) to transmit and store images, ensuring referring physicians the ability to view studies and discuss treatment options with patients as needed. For more information, call 337-783-6584.
OALG offers full range of laboratory services, including diagnostic and screening procedures to assist clinicians in the care and treatment of our patients. The laboratory maintains accreditations through the Centers for Medicare/Medicaid Services (CMS/CLIA). With a dedicated team of trained professionals in laboratory medicine and state-of-the-art equipment, our patients have come to expect a level of quality and services that surpasses many other facilities.
Laboratory and blood draw services are administered by physician referral only. When arriving for lab services, you must first register at the outpatient registration desk located on the first floor. No appointment is necessary.
If you need lab services, please remember:
- Wear clothing with loose sleeves
- Bring your physician’s order and/or treatment authorization to registration on the day of your visit
- Bring your physician’s order to the lab for blood collection and/or specimen drop-off
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to your appointment time in order to register
Outpatient Lab Hours
Monday-Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Ochsner Acadia General Hospital is open 24/7.
Hospital Visiting Hours: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Visitor Guidelines: One visitor per patient, 18 years or older, is allowed to stay overnight. Children under age 12 may visit in patient rooms, with adult supervision. It is asked that the adult supervisor ensure that the visiting children do not disturb other patients. No more than two visitors may occupy a patient’s room at one time.
Additional Visiting Hours:
- Intensive Care Unit: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m., 1 p.m. - 2 p.m., 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Emergency Room: Only one visitor per patient is allowed beyond the family waiting room (unless the condition of the patient prevents visitation).
- Cancer Center Clinic: Only one visitor per patient
- Cancer Center Infusion: Visitors are not allowed.