Purpose of the Consortium
The purpose of the Southern Excellence in Nursing Consortium (SENC) is to establish a collaborative network of nursing clinicians, educators and administrators with the intent of sharing innovations, evidence-based practices, and quality improvement processes to promote nursing excellence and further enhance nursing as a profession. The consortium may also provide collaborative research opportunities as they become available. Members have agreed for the consortium to be a safe place and trusting environment to discuss pressing nursing issues.
- Conduct quarterly conference calls
- Hold an annual summit meeting
- Invite hospital and education partners in AL, MS, LA, TX and FL
- Develop a Speakers Bureau
- Identify and formally acknowledge membership
- Connect members for networking, mentoring and sharing
- Design ways to participate in multi-center projects
Membership is free at this time. Hospitals and Schools of Nursing from East Texas to Florida are invited to join. Nursing clinicians, faculty and administrative nurses who are interested, click here to contact us to be included.
Current Topics of Interest to the Membership
- Regulatory Trends/Value Based Purchasing
- Quality Improvement
- Professional Practice/Healthy Work Environment
- Reducing Finances/Waste Reduction
For more information about SENC, contact Jennifer Couvillon or Lana Schiro at email@example.com or 504-842-0572.