The Ochsner team has designed a guide to help you along your transplant journey. We take a personal interest in you and your well-being.
We believe very strongly in treating more than just kidney and/or kidney-kidney pancreas disease. We treat the whole person. We aim to restore the quality of your organ(s), health and life as a whole.
The purpose of your guide is to:
- Give you the transplant information you need.
- Encourage you to take the best possible care of yourself.
- Prepare you for the lifetime commitments that come with a new organ(s).
Your guide takes you through the stages of the transplant journey. These stages are covered in nine chapters. Each chapter goes over important aspects about that stage.
This guide is for you now that you are listed for transplant. Inside are important reminders to help you stay on the right path as you wait for your transplant.
You are the most valuable player (MVP) of your healthcare team. What does it mean to be MVP? It means always being:
- At the center of your healthcare
- The best champion for your care
We do our best to make sure that you have a successful transplant. You can help meet this goal as MVP:
- Review the information in this guide
- Take the best possible care of yourself
- Be prepared for the lifetime commitments that come with a new organ(s)
After Transplant -- A Guide for You
We designed this guide to help you take the best care of your new organ(s) and overall health after transplant. It helps to break down all the information we give you. Your lifetime kidney/kidney-pancreas care falls into four major areas:
- Medicines: Lifeline living after transplant
- Appointments: Connected living after transplant
- Prevention: Safe living after transplant
- Plans: Healthy living after transplant
- Understand how important your daily actions are after transplant
- Have the needed information to best care for yourself and your new organ(s)
- Know where to find important information when you need it
- The Basics
- MAPP Guide
Simply Put: Medicines, Appointments, Prevention and Plansform your personal map (MAPP) or GPS to smart living after transplant!