Ochsner otolaryngologists offer specialty care for patients presenting with diseases of the ear, including trauma (injury), cancer and nerve pathway disorders, which may affect both hearing and balance. The department is additionally staffed by five full-time audiologists who provide state-of-the-art audiologic and vestibular assessments and rehabilitative clinical services for hearing loss and balance disorders in patients of all ages. The physician and audiologist healthcare team within the department provides services in evaluating patients in the areas listed below.
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infections (Otitis Media)
- Ear and Temporal Bone Tumors (Acoustic Neuroma)
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT)
- Conventional Hearing Aid Fittings
- Implantable Hearing Devices (BAHA and Cochlear Implants)
- Facial Nerve Disorders