Glaucoma Fellowship Program at Ochsner Clinic Foundation New Orleans
The Section of Glaucoma in the Department of Ophthalmology at Ochsner Medical Center New Orleans offers an AUPO FCC one year fellowship. The fellowship is an excellent opportunity for an ophthalmologist wishing to develop an expertise in glaucoma. Candidates must be eligible for a full unrestricted Louisiana State Medical License.
Founded in 1942 by five physicians, Ochsner Health System is one of the largest independent academic health systems in the United States and Louisiana’s largest not-for-profit health system. With 30 hospitals owned, managed and affiliated, more than 80 health centers and urgent care centers, more than 18,000 employees, over 1,200 physicians in more than 90 medical specialties and subspecialties, Ochsner is Louisiana’s largest health system.
Be a Part of Our Team
The Ochsner glaucoma fellow is an integral member of the glaucoma service and the Department of Ophthalmology. Our glaucoma fellow is responsible for:
- The evaluation and care of the patients on the glaucoma service
- Resident and student education
- Organizing and supervising a monthly glaucoma conference
- Assisting residents in answering glaucoma consults and referrals on patients admitted to the Ochsner Foundation Hospital
- Staffing and administering the glaucoma clinic at Leonard Chabert Medical Center in Houma, LA
During your fellowship, you will:
- Master clinical skills such as gonioscopy, optic nerve evaluation and visual field interpretation.
- Develop a systematic approach to the complex decision making in all aspects of glaucoma management, including medical management with either single or combination therapy, the appropriate use of laser therapies and surgical management of the glaucomas.
- Develop and refine skills in examining patients with glaucoma, in the interpretation of visual fields, in performing outpatient laser surgery, in filtration surgical procedures and in advanced seton procedures.
Fellowship Leadership and Faculty
- Department Chairman and Fellowship Program Director
- Teaching Faculty