Ochsner Neurology Movement Disorders and DBS Program presents:
The Parkinson’s Disease Symposium 2019
The 13th Annual Educational Conference for people and families affected by Parkinson’s Disease
Saturday, April 27, 2019
8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Brent House Conference Center at Ochsner Medical Center, 1514 Jefferson Hwy.
AGENDA (subject to change):
- 8:30 am: Welcome breakfast
- 9:00 am: Dreaming Big after PD: Kimerly Coshow, PhD
- 9:30 am: Introduction to PD and Parkinsonism: Georgia Lea, MD
- 10:00 am: Surgical Intervention for PD: Roger Smith, MD and Lora Khan, M
- 10:30 am: Questions/Answers
- 10:45 am: Stretch Break (Dance for PD)
- 11:00 am: ONtime and OFFtime - Interpreting your Parkinson’s Symptoms: Julia Staisch, MD
- 11:30 am: Mood and PD: Brian Copeland, MD
- 12:00 pm: Questions/answers
- 12:15-1 pm: Lunch-time and Information tables
- 1:00 pm: Update on Research in PD: David Houghton, MD, MPH
- 1:30 pm: Stretch Break
- 1:45 pm: Gastric emptying in PD: Colleen Knoop, DNP, NP
- 2:15 pm: Driving and PD: Larry Forest, LOTR, CDRS
Registration is FREE; however, seating is very limited, so register soon!
- By Phone
- To register by phone, please call 504-842-8768 and on the voicemail leave: your name, address, phone number, the name of your neurologist and how many will be in your party.
- Fill out the form below to register online. You will receive an email confirmation once your registration has been received.