September Is PAD Awareness Month: What is a Vascular Surgeon?
Running on a Treadmill Vs. Outdoors
Setting the Record Straight About Shellfish and Cholesterol
Understanding the Different Forms of Memory Loss
Does Exercise Help When Trying to Quit Smoking?
Who Can Do CrossFit?
Reasons Not to Toss Out Those Easter Eggs
A Stage 1 Diagnosis Abroad - Tod Thedy's Story
3 Ways to Not Waste Your 2018 Health Insurance
What is a Virtual Visit?
There’s Been a Salmonella Outbreak. Now What?
8 Ways to Celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Creamy Cauliflower Garlic Soup Recipe
Ochsner's Vascular Laboratory offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services to evaluate all aspects of cerebrovascular, peripheral arterial, venous, lymphatic and visceral vascular disorders. The facility is accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL). Our registered vascular technologists have also designed a full range of laboratory services to assist physicians with the diagnosis and management of patients requiring vascular imaging and physiological testing. Featuring state-of-the-art ultrasound imaging equipment and procedures, the laboratory's services for referring physicians include:
- Color-flow duplex scans
- CCFD: Cerebrovascular scans of the carotid and vertebral arteries
- CFVL: Venous vascular scans of the lower extremities
- CFVU: Venous vascular scans of the upper extremities
- CFAL: Lower extremity arterial scans for bypass graft surveillance; to rule out pseudoaneurysm, femoral or popliteal aneurysm; or for follow-up of PTA procedures
- CFAU: Upper extremity arterial scans to evaluate dialysis access grafts, for bypass graft surveillance or to rule out aneurysm
- Segmental blood pressure (BP), pulse volume recording (PVR) and ankle brachial indices (ABI) examinations for evaluation of lower and upper extremity arterial conditions (SPLE, SPUE). These tests can also be performed in combination with exercise in the lower extremities for more precise diagnosis.
- Digital BP and photoplethysmography waveform examination, which can include cold tolerance testing (DFS) and thoracic outlet syndrome examinations to evaluate upper extremity arterial conditions
To contact the Vascular Lab at Ochsner Medical Center, please call 504-842-4040.