Ochsner Baton Rouge has partnered with Elite Training Academy to create a destination for comprehensive sports performance and care in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The clinic combines the latest advancements in training, sports medicine, injury treatment and prevention, sports wellness and mental training.
The facility includes a 60-yard indoor field, as well as two full-size outdoor turf sports fields which will serve as a hub for athletes of all ages, featuring an incredible array of services and offerings in one convenient location:
- Orthopedic and sports medicine care from Ochsner physicians
- Imaging services
- Therapy treatments from certified orthopedic and sports physical therapy specialists
- State-of-the-art equipment for biomechanics (motion analysis) evaluations
- Mental performance health coaching
- Sports nutrition support
- Sports performance training from athletic and personal trainers, as well as position-specific coaches
- Speed and strength training
- Recovery services, such as cryotherapy, massage therapy, dry needling and acupuncture
This clinic further expands Ochsner’s sports medicine expertise to local athletes, continuing to serve as the official medical provider and title sponsor for the Louisiana High School Athletic Association. The comprehensive center will also take advantage of Ochsner’s partnership with world-renowned orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews through collaboration with The Ochsner Andrews Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute.
Ochsner and Elite’s teams comprise experts in athletics, including physical therapists, performance training coaches, athletic trainers, personal trainers, position specific coaches, massage therapists, acupuncturists, wellness and mental performance coaching, sports nutrition, physicians and X-ray technicians. In addition to physician care, this complex will also house:
- Ochsner Therapy & Wellness, using advanced techniques and leading-edge equipment to help patients of all ages progress with a physical therapy team, developing personalized recovery plans based on specific injuries, sports and activity levels.
- Ochsner Performance Training, a college-style strength and conditioning program for athletes of all ages and sports with several locations in south Louisiana. Since opening in 2018, Ochsner Performance Training has instructed and coached more than 10,000 athletes and more than 200 teams.
- Elite Training Academy, a locally owned sports training center, aims to positively impact the minds and bodies of athletes through physical training, wellness treatment, academic support and life skills preparation. Elite Training Academy provides sport-specific training, leagues, camps and clinics for field sports, working with athletes of all ages and skill levels.
In addition to Elite Training Academy’s expertise from former college and professional athletes, as well as athletic industry professionals, this comprehensive facility leverages the size and scope of Ochsner’s established therapy, performance training and orthopedics and sports medicine programs, coordinating them into patients’ comprehensive healthcare needs.