World-class care at home in New Orleans
Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans provides a convenient, comprehensive medical home for the Gulf South region while attracting patients nationwide with our world-class, innovative programs. With our commitment to evidence-based medicine, leading-edge research and patient-centered care, you can be confident that your Ochsner care team will provide exceptional health services tailored to your unique needs and preferences.
Using a multidisciplinary approach to our care, teams at Ochsner work together across disciplines to improve communication, outcomes and satisfaction. Our collaboration means our teams are well-equipped to handle complex or uncommon conditions. We also collaborate to make scheduling appointments as smooth and painless as possible. By working together, we can often help you plan multiple appointments on one day to save you time and quickly share information between Ochsner physicians to improve continuity of care.
Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans on Jefferson Highway is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you’re visiting a friend or family member receiving inpatient care, check with the unit they’re in regarding visiting hours.
Why choose Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans?
The care teams and programs at Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans are consistently recognized as leaders in healthcare within Louisiana and beyond:
- We have earned the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet designation four times, putting us in the top 1% of hospitals across the U.S. The designation recognizes excellence in nursing and demonstrates our ongoing commitment to providing outstanding care.
- Ochsner Medical Center – New Orleans is home to a world-class cardiac program that offers the full scope of cardiac care, from diagnosis to transplant, for children and adults.
- Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans, which includes its Baptist and West Bank Campuses, has been named the Best Hospital in Louisiana for 12 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report.
- For the past seven years, Ochsner Hospital for Children, located on the Jefferson Highway campus, has been ranked among the top 50 children’s hospitals in the U.S. by U.S. News & World Report.
- Several other programs within Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans, which includes the Baptist, Jefferson Highway and West Bank locations, are also currently ranked in the top 50 in the country by U.S. News & World Report, including:
Schedule an Appointment
Take a virtual tour of the Optimal Hospital in the West Tower at Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans. Optimal Hospital incorporates many elements to enhance your safety as a patient. In this virtual tour, you can see all the possible innovations, but please note that your unit may only include some of these technologies, depending on your facility and the type of care you are receiving.
If you need assistance navigating the Jefferson Highway campus, you can find a map and step-by-step walking instructions in MyOchsner app. Check out this feature in the MyOchsner app, available under Campus Maps & Visitor Info>Ochsner Medical Center Location Details>On-Site Walking Directions.
Services Offered at Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans
Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans offers expert comprehensive care for the whole family. From our centers of excellence to our award-winning Ochsner Hospital for Children to our emergency medical services and beyond, we provide outstanding care options to meet your family’s needs.
Centers of Excellence
The centers of excellence at Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans are highly specialized programs featuring leaders in the field. Each center of excellence offers the highest-quality comprehensive, multidisciplinary care. Many providers in our centers of excellence are nationally and internationally recognized experts involved in cutting-edge research, teaching and writing.
We are home to eight centers of excellence:
Additional Specialty Care
In addition to our Centers of Excellence and destination services program, Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans provides outstanding care and services to residents of New Orleans and surrounding communities in several specialty areas, including:
Additionally, Ochsner Medical Center - New Orleans features several support services and amenities for patients and their families, such as:
- Brent House Hotel, for patients and family members visiting from out of town
- Child life services
- Dining and other food options
- Gift shop
- International health services
- Language and translation services
- Laundry facilities
- Medical equipment
- Medical library
- Nurse navigation
- Optical shop
- Parking and valet services
- Spiritual care
- Stamps and postal supplies