Treating kidney and bladder cancer. Removing kidney stones. Restoring sexual function. Curing incontinence. Every day, using surgical robots, urological surgeons at Ochsner are doing what once seemed impossible. As one of several training sites for robotic surgery around the world, we perform more robotic surgeries than anyone else in the region. We believe that experience leads to superior outcomes.
A Leader in the Region
At five Ochsner Medical Centers in Louisiana, our highly skilled doctors are treating patients with the most advanced tool available, the da Vinci® Surgical System. The da Vinci features a console with a 3D HD screen for better vision and two master controllers that allow the surgeon to maneuver four robotic arms with great precision. You won’t be operated on by a robot but rather with a robot.
Ochsner urological surgeons also perform non-robotic minimally invasive surgeries, sometimes called endoscopic surgery, laparoscopic surgery, thoracoscopic surgery and “keyhole” surgery. These techniques offer patients many of the same benefits of robotic surgery, including:
- Small and fewer incisions
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stays
- Faster recovery times
- Less pain
- Low risk of infection
To schedule an appointment with our team, please give us a call.
- Ochsner Medical Center - Jefferson Hwy.: 504-842-4083
- Baptist: 504-894-2887
- Kenner & River Parish: 504-464-8588
- North Shore: Slidell, St. Tammany & Covington: 985-639-3789, ext: 52761
- West Bank: 504-842-8780
- Baton Rouge: 225-761-5200
da Vinci is a registered trademark of Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Conditions We Treat
Conditions our urologic surgeons treat with minimally invasive surgery include:
Surgeries We Perform
Ochsner's minimally invasive surgical offerings include:
- Robotic Partial Nephrectomy – to treat kidney masses and kidney cancer
- Laparoscopic Nephrectomy - to remove kidney cancer or non-functioning kidneys
- Robotic Radical Prostatectomy – to treat prostate cancer
- Robotic Cystectomy – to treat invasive bladder cancer
- Robotic Pyeloplasty – to treat urinary obstructions
- Robotic Sacrocolpopexy - to correct Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Ureteral, Urethral & Vaginal Reconstruction
- Orchiopexy – to move an undescended testicle into the scrotum or to resolve testicular torsion
- Robotic Simple Prostatectomy - to treat BPH
- Robotic retroperitoneal lymph node dissection - to treat testicular cancer