Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
The section of vascular and endovascular surgery provides cutting-edge treatment for patients with vascular disorders. Our physicians are nationally recognized for their development and use of new technologies—they have literally "written the book" on treatment of new vascular procedures such as endovascular aortic aneurysm repair.
CareChex®, a division of COMPARION, has named Ochsner #2 in the state of Louisiana for Vascular Surgery. Learn more about our rankings at Ochsner.org/CareChex.
Ochsner Medical Center is the only hospital system in the state of Louisiana with a 5 star ranking from Healthgrades in both Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair and Carotid Surgery. Learn more about our Healthgrades rankings.
Our goal is to tailor the most effective and safe therapy for each patient. We find that many of the patients referred to us are best treated by observation and medical therapy. If invasive therapy is required, the large majority are treated with minimally invasive endovascular methods, reserving surgical intervention for cases where there is a clear advantage in terms of efficacy, durability and/or safety. Because we can offer medical, endovascular or open surgical treatment, there is not a bias toward any single treatment modality.
Treatment Options Include:
- Medical / Pharmaceutical
- Wound Care (multi-disciplinary)
- Endovascular Procedures
- Surgical Procedures
Endovascular Procedures including:
- Carotid stenting
- Renal and Mesenteric Stenting
- Aortic/Iliac/femoral/tibial angioplasty/stenting for arterial occlusive disease
- Endograft treatment for Aneurysms, Aortic and Thoracic (see Aortic Services)
- Laser ablation of Varicose Veins
- Venous angioplasty/stenting
- IVC filter placement
- Thrombolysis for occluded grafts
Open Surgical Procedures include:
- Thoracoabdominal and Complex Aortic Aneurysm Surgery (see Aortic Services)
- Renal/Mesenteric Bypass
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Leg Bypass for limb salvage
- Dialysis access
- Arm bypass to treat vascular steal
- Varicose vein removal
Ochsner has New Orleans’ Only Hybrid OR Suite
- Comprehensive state-of-the-art Imaging System available for minimally-invasive procedures
- Allows for superior imaging capabilities for all patients
- Less radiation exposure for the patients
- Quick and easy process for a full range of vascular exams