Ochsner's Orthopedic department is a comprehensive group designed to care for orthopedic problems for patients of all ages, utilizing the latest techniques and technology available. The department's more than 20 surgeons are all fellowship trained, board certified and board eligible. They have sub-specialty expertise in joint replacement, sports medicine, oncology, hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder ailments, trauma, pediatrics, spine and foot and ankle surgery. A team of talented and experienced physician assistants and nurse practitioners work with the surgeons to provide the best possible outcomes to our patients.
|The Back and Spine Center||Sports Medicine Institute|
|The Hand Center||Pediatric Orthopedics|
|Foot and Ankle||Joint Replacement|
- U.S. News & World Report named Ochsner’s Orthopedics and Neurology & Neurosurgery departments among the top 50 across the country in its 2013-14 Best Hospitals rankings.
- Ochsner Medical Center received a 5 star rating by HealthGrades for total knee replacements
- Blue Cross Blue Shield designated Ochsner as a Center of Distinction for Total Joint Surgery and Spine Surgery
- Ochsner is the Aetna's Institutes of Quality Orthopedic Care Network for Total Joint Replacement Surgery and Spine Surgery.
Patient Appointment Scheduling & Locations
- New Orleans Area:
- Baton Rouge – Ochsner Medical Center – Baton Rouge:225-761-5200
- Covington – Ochsner Health Center – Covington: 985-875-2828
- Slidell – Ochsner Medical Center – North Shore: 985-639-3777
Yes, I want to make a gift that says, Together We Can!
Ochsner Health System continues to serve the healthcare needs of our community. You can support this by giving a gift that would go to improving the Orthopedic services given.
Thank you for your generosity. All contributions are fully tax-deductible.
If you would like to make your credit card donation by telephone, please call the Ochsner Department of Philanthropy at (504) 842-7110. Or you may mail your contribution directly to:
Ochsner Health System
Department of Philanthropy
1514 Jefferson Highway, BH 240
New Orleans, Louisiana 70121
The research team at the Ochsner’s Orthopedics department is working hard to develop and identify new treatments for a variety of orthopedic conditions and sports injuries. We use various types of research studies to do this, including: clinical trials, outcomes studies and interventional studies. The results of the studies are reviewed and any new findings are shared with other physicians through published articles and academic presentations. Our physicians have presented their research findings to providers throughout the United States and internationally to further the field of Orthopedics and improve the care of patients everywhere.
If you are seen in our clinic, you may be asked if you are interested in participating in a study. The choice is always yours! We want what is best for you. For a listing of current clinical trials, click here.
The Orthopedic department at Ochsner is committed to training the next generation of physicians with their state of the art, sub-specialty expertise. The structure of the residency program guarantees the continuity of care in the resident/patient relationship and assures comprehensive preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care. All rotations follow this educational design, which promotes global care and direct interaction in the decision-making process. We feel strongly that with this model, we are not training technicians but rather surgeons competent in all aspects of patient care.
To learn more about the Orthopedic residency program at Ochsner, click here.
In addition to the Orthopedic Residency Program, Ochsner’s Orthopedic Sports Medicine Institute offers an accredited Sports Medicine fellowship. This is a one year program designed to further train the Orthopedic physician in the field of Sports Medicine. The fellow works closely with the staff in all aspects of his practice. This includes participation in outpatient office practice, surgical practice, and team coverage activities such as training room visits and game coverage.
To learn more about the Sports Medicine Fellowship program at Ochsner, click here.
- Feb 17, 2014 - 2 Ochsner Campuses Recognized As Top 5% Nationwide In Hospital Quality Clinical Excellence
- Feb 17, 2014 - OCHSNER MEDICAL CENTER NAMED TO TOP 100 LISTS BY BECKER’S HOSPITAL REVIEW
- Jan 15, 2014 - Ochsner-Kenner Welcomes Two Orthopedic Surgeons to the Community
- Nov 04, 2013 - CARECHEX® NAMES OCHSNER NUMBER TWO IN THE NATION IN OVERALL HOSPITAL CARE
- Oct 22, 2013 - Dr. Misty Suri Recognized as an Ochsner Hero